linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] lvm_vg_create_lv_linear() returns error though device was created
@ 2018-11-22 18:05 Christoph Pleger
From: Christoph Pleger @ 2018-11-22 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hello,

I am now trying to not call external LVM commands, but to use LVM
library calls instead. Now I have another problem:

lvm_vg_create_lv_linear(vg, pam_user, LVSIZE) returns NULL, what means
an error. Normally I would think that I made a mistake, but when I
manually call lvdisplay, I can see the LV and I can activate it with
lvchange. How can it happen that lvm_vg_create_lv_linear() returns NULL
though the LV was created?

And a minor problem: The LVM library logs with syslog(), but I use my
own syslog() calls in my program and as soon as lvm_init() has been
called, both the identifier and the log facility change, so that logs go
to another file. Can I somehow disable that?

Regards
   Christoph

* Re: [linux-lvm] lvm_vg_create_lv_linear() returns error though device was created
@ 2018-11-23 10:29 ` Zdenek Kabelac
From: Zdenek Kabelac @ 2018-11-23 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development, Christoph Pleger

Dne 22. 11. 18 v 19:05 Christoph Pleger napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I am now trying to not call external LVM commands, but to use LVM library
> calls instead. Now I have another problem:

lvm library is DEAD, it's gone, it does not exists in upstream tree any more.
It's been marked as deprecated for many years.

Please forget it has ever existed.

Regards

Zdenek