linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Correct way to remove LVM Snapshot
@ 2018-09-26  4:50 Jaco van Niekerk
From: Jaco van Niekerk @ 2018-09-26  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hi

I will like to confirm the correct way to remove an LVM snapshot?

Create my Logical Volume and snapshot:
lvcreate --addtag pacemaker --name lv_iscsi_lun1 --size 100G vg_iscsi --config 'activation { volume_list = [ "@pacemaker" ]}'
lvcreate --addtag pacemaker --name lv_iscsi_lun1_snap --snapshot --size 10G /dev/vg_iscsi/lv_iscsi_lun1 --config 'activation { volume_list = [ \"@pacemaker\" ]}'

Do I have to Merge the Snapshot first before I can remove it?
lvremove /dev/vg_iscsi/lv_iscsi_lun1_snap

More Info:
lv_iscsi_lun1 is a ISCSI target for a KVM virtual server.

Trouble experienced:
I lost my hole Volume Group after removing the Logical Volume Snapshot.

Regards

--

Jaco van Niekerk