linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] How to check if thin volume or snapshot was ever activated
@ 2021-08-07 11:39 Gionatan Danti
From: Gionatan Danti @ 2021-08-07 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Dear all,
as you know, a thin snapshot does have the "k" (skip activation) flag
set, so one has to force activation by ignoring the flag (or removing
the flag itself).

I wonder: can we detect if a volume/snapshot was *ever* activated? My
reasoning is that a never-activated snapshot surely did not receive any
application writes, so it can be safely removed (ignoring snapshot
retention policy).

Regards.

--
Danti Gionatan