linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Difference between thin_ll_xxx & thin_xxx
@ 2020-07-01  8:32 lampahome
From: lampahome @ 2020-07-01  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

I'm a new to lvm and confused about as titled.

What's the difference between
thin_ll_restore & thin_restore
thin_ll_dump & thin_dump?

Thanks

* Re: [linux-lvm] Difference between thin_ll_xxx & thin_xxx
@ 2020-07-01 15:08 ` Ming-Hung Tsai
From: Ming-Hung Tsai @ 2020-07-01 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development

thin_ll_* tools are targeted for recovering missing data mappings
ignored by thin_dump and thin_restore. The name is an acronym standing
for low-level processing. Below is the quickstart guide.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2016-February/msg00038.html

@ 2020-07-02  2:16   ` lampahome
From: lampahome @ 2020-07-02  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development

> thin_ll_* tools are targeted for recovering missing data mappings
> ignored by thin_dump and thin_restore. The name is an acronym standing
> for low-level processing. Below is the quickstart guide.
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2016-February/msg00038.html

The page doesn't describe detail about thin_ll_* tools.
After I run it, get some observations.

thin_ll_dump seems dump the tree root & mapping tree and orphans
blocknr.(seems having orphans is normal)
And that info is which thin_dump doesn't get it.