linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] snapshot looses origin when other snapshot is merged to the same origin
@ 2018-09-28 12:57 Zbigniew Kostrzewa
From: Zbigniew Kostrzewa @ 2018-09-28 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

Hi,

I have a question related to multiple snapshots of the same thin volume.
My scenario is that I create a thin pool, a thin volume and two
snapshots of that thin volume. Both snapshots have the thin volume set
as the origin volume. However, after I merge one of the snapshots to the
origin then the second snapshot looses information about the origin.

The question is if that is an expected behavior or if I am doing
something wrong? Is there a way to make the second snapshot keep having
the origin with merged first snapshot as its origin?

Regards,
Zbigniew Kostrzewa