linux-lvm.redhat.com archive mirror
* [linux-lvm] Re: [patch] block device stacking support, raid-2.3.47-B6
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.21.0002231040410.18094-200000@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
@ 2000-02-23  5:36 ` Andrea Arcangeli
From: Andrea Arcangeli @ 2000-02-23  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ingo Molnar
  Cc: Heinz Mauelshagen, Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, linux-lvm, linux-raid

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Ingo Molnar wrote:

>- renaming ->make_request_fn() to ->logical_volume_fn is both misleading
>  and unnecessery.

Note that with my proposal it was make_request_fn to be misleading because
all the code run within the callback had anything to do with the
make_request code.

>i've added the good bits (i hope i found all of them) from Andrea's patch
>as well: the end_io() fix in md.c, the ->make_request() change returning
>IO errors, and avoiding an unnecessery get_queue() in the fast path.

Ok.

> - device resolves recursion internally and returns 0 (future RAID0),
>          returns 1 if recursion cannot be resolved internally.

I don't think it worth to handle such case if it costs something for the
other cases. I'll check and test the code on the LVM side soon.

Andrea

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-02-23  5:36 UTC | newest]