linux-man.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Fwd: Re: bug in example in http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/pkeys.7.html void -> int
       [not found] <188feb2f-d52e-1d35-1baa-3d8a3199647e@inode.at>
@ 2020-01-22 10:24 ` Aaron
From: Aaron @ 2020-01-22 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-man

I replied to Michael, but missed to address the list. Jakubs
interpretation is right. See my response below.

Hello!

Sorry, there is a typo on my side, and I have been less specific then
desirable.

The problem is there:

static inline void
wrpkru(unsigned int pkru) ... <== returns void
int
pkey_set(int pkey, unsigned long rights, unsigned long flags) <==
returns int
{
unsigned int pkru = (rights << (2 * pkey));
return wrpkru(pkru); <== here the V O I D I S R E T U R N E D A S I N T
}

Regards, Aaron

On 1/22/20 12:58 AM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> Hello Aaron,
>
> I'm sorry. I don't understand your bug report. As far as I can see,
> the manual page never looked like the text you quote. But, maybe I
> misunderstand you?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 16:10, Aaron <aaron_ng@inode.at> wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> In http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/pkeys.7.html
>>
>> We have
>>
>> void
>> ...       wrpkru(unsigned int pkru);

>> int pkey_set(int pkey, unsigned long rights, unsigned long flags)
>>
>> ... returnwrpkru(...
>>
>> Regards, Aaron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-01-22 10:24 UTC | newest]