linux-man.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: [mkerrisk/man-pages] Add note to state this is a very outdated mirror (PR #31)
       [not found] ` <mkerrisk/man-pages/pull/31/c1501174582@github.com>
@ 2023-04-10  1:04   ` Alejandro Colomar
From: Alejandro Colomar @ 2023-04-10  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reply+AFA4ZONK73S45476YGDP3OOCIA2HHEVBNHHGBDYVM4; +Cc: linux-man

On 4/9/23 19:20, Sebastian Carlos wrote:
> I agree. I would also like to note that the [website](https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/index.html) itself is outdated. It took a while for me to realize that it was outdated, so I would also appreciate a note on the [homepage](https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/index.html) too.

The official website of the Linux man-pages project is:
<https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/>

I've updated most of it, basically by removing contents, and pointing
to the README and CONTRIBUTING files in the repository, which are the
main sources of information for the project at the moment.  I plan to
remove even more of the website, after adding a new MAINTAINING file
to the repo in the near future.

It may be that we add online HTML pages in the (not near) future, but
don't count on that for now; that would be a lot of work (at least to
provide the high-quality pages I'd like to provide).

Cheers,
Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>
GPG key fingerprint: A9348594CE31283A826FBDD8D57633D441E25BB5