* Enforcing color profile
@ 2020-08-17 12:09 Stefan Witzel
From: Stefan Witzel @ 2020-08-17 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello,

I am not a V4L developer so if this is not the right place to bring up
the issue please tell me who to contact instead.
The page [1] documents a problem with a particular device "Elgato Cam
Link 4K" which provides various format options among which most software
does not consciously pick the one which it implicitly expects leading to
problems. There is a software workaround, transcoding and looping
through a virtual device and a hardware fix flashing the problematic
profiles away.
However it appears to me that the most satisfactory solution is hinted
at in the sentence

> I couldn't find any option in V4L to force selection of 'YUYV 4:2:2', so instead

So my question is: what changes would be necessary to allow v4l2-ctl to
enforce a particular format and who would be the right person to ask to
make such changes?

Best regards,
Stefan

[1] https://assortedhackery.com/patching-cam-link-to-play-nicer-on-linux/