* Re: using TSOP receiver without lircd
       [not found] <CAK-SLvBcZG5VN4BkUV+jS0z_xqXpVwJFMXfMaQF7kfFxJ7En9A@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-04-06 16:04 ` Sergio Serrano
From: Sergio Serrano @ 2015-04-06 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: david

Hi members!

In the hope that someone can help me, I has come to this mailing list
after contacting David Hardeman (thank you!).
He has already given me some clues. This is my scenario.

I'm using a OMAP2 processor and capturing TSOP34836 (remote RC5
compatible) signals through GPIO+interrupt. I have created the
/dev/lirc0 device , here comes my question: If possible I don't want
to deal with LIRC and irrecord stuff. Is it possible? What will be the
first steps?

Kind regards,
Sergio

@ 2015-04-06 18:41 ` David Härdeman
From: David Härdeman @ 2015-04-06 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergio Serrano; +Cc: linux-media

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 06:01:52PM +0200, Sergio Serrano wrote:
>Hi members!
>
>In the hope that someone can help me, I has come to this mailing list after
>contacting David Hardeman (thank you!).
>He has already given me some clues. This is my scenario.
>
>I'm using a OMAP2 processor and capturing TSOP34836 (remote RC5 compatible)
>signals through GPIO+interrupt. I have created the /dev/lirc0 device , here
>comes my question: If possible I don't want to deal with LIRC and irrecord
>stuff. Is it possible? What will be the first steps?

Your next step would be a kernel driver that receives the GPIO
interrupts and feeds them into rc-core as "edge" events.

drivers/media/rc/gpio-ir-recv.c is probably what you want as a starting
point (though you'll need to find a way to feed it the right
parameters...)

Regards,
David

* Re: using TSOP receiver without lircd
@ 2015-04-09 19:34   ` Sergio Serrano
From: Sergio Serrano @ 2015-04-09 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Härdeman; +Cc: linux-media

Thank you David

I'm following your clues

I've contacted Jarod Wilson (redhat), too. If it can be useful to the
list, bellow you can find his thoughts.

Thank you both!

Sergio

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 06:08:51PM +0200, Sergio Serrano wrote:
> Thank you Jarod for promptly reply.
> Great to hear that!
>
> I'm using omap2 (interrupt+gpio) and
> https://github.com/hani93/lirc_bbb module (I've got already  /dev/lirc
> device).

That driver isn't going to work, its written for lirc. You need a driver
written for the in-kernel IR subsystem. See drivers/media/rc/fintek-cir.c
and friends (iguanair.c, imon.c, winbond-cir.c, nuvoton-cir.c, etc).

> Using the method you mention is it still possible? Or it is only
> possible for usb receivers ?

Physical interface doesn't matter. The driver interfaces do. You'd have to
rewrite lirc_bbb to rc-core interfaces instead of lirc interfaces.