* JVC camera and Hauppauge PVR-150 framegrabber.
@ 2017-03-24  0:04 peter
From: peter @ 2017-03-24  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: peter

With a manual setting of the device path and ID, the V4L2 Test Bench
produced this image from a JVC TK-1070U camera on a microscope.
http://easthope.ca/JVCtoPVR150screen.jpg

Setting the device in the Test Bench each time it is opened becomes
tedious and no /etc/*v4l* exists.  Can the default configuration be
adjusted permanently without recompiling?  How?

Although too dark, the image from the microscope slide is faintly
visible. The upper half of the image is on the bottom of the screen
and the lower half is at the top.  On a VCR I might try adjusting
vertical sync.  Is there an equivalent in the Test Bench?

Thanks,                           ... Peter E.
--

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                      Pender Is.: +1 250 629 3757

* Re: JVC camera and Hauppauge PVR-150 framegrabber.
@ 2017-03-24 10:21 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2017-03-24 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peter; +Cc: linux-media

Em Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:04:21 -0700
peter@easthope.ca escreveu:

> With a manual setting of the device path and ID, the V4L2 Test Bench
> produced this image from a JVC TK-1070U camera on a microscope.
> http://easthope.ca/JVCtoPVR150screen.jpg
>
> Setting the device in the Test Bench each time it is opened becomes
> tedious and no /etc/*v4l* exists.  Can the default configuration be
> adjusted permanently without recompiling?  How?
>
> Although too dark, the image from the microscope slide is faintly
> visible. The upper half of the image is on the bottom of the screen
> and the lower half is at the top.  On a VCR I might try adjusting
> vertical sync.  Is there an equivalent in the Test Bench?

You could use v4l2-ctl to set all parameters you need in order to
get a good quality image.

It is possible to automatically call it by adding a udev rule.
This link explains how to do things like that (although their
examples are for different use cases):

	https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev

Some of examples have a directive like:
	PROGRAM="..."

With basically makes udev to run a program or script when the device
gets detected.

Thanks,
Mauro