* [ANN] Patchwork version upgrade
@ 2019-05-31 15:40 Mauro Carvalho Chehab
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2019-05-31 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi all,

For a long time, we were running an old Patchwork version. The thing is that
we had applied some patches on the top of it, and the upgrade was not
trivial.

Today, we upgraded it to its latest stable version. Just like before,
you can access it via:

	https://patchwork.linuxtv.org

As this is a new version, please report if you find any issues on it.

Thanks,
Mauro

* Re: [ANN] Patchwork version upgrade
@ 2019-05-31 18:56 ` Nicolas Dufresne
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Nicolas Dufresne @ 2019-05-31 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, linux-media

Le vendredi 31 mai 2019 à 12:40 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> For a long time, we were running an old Patchwork version. The thing is that
> we had applied some patches on the top of it, and the upgrade was not
> trivial.
>
> Today, we upgraded it to its latest stable version. Just like before,
> you can access it via:
>
> 	https://patchwork.linuxtv.org

Thanks for upgrading this. A slight issue I saw is that light yellow on
white which is not readable.

regards,
Nicolas

* Re: [ANN] Patchwork version upgrade
@ 2019-05-31 19:01 ` Nicolas Dufresne
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Nicolas Dufresne @ 2019-05-31 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, linux-media

Le vendredi 31 mai 2019 à 12:40 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> For a long time, we were running an old Patchwork version. The thing is that
> we had applied some patches on the top of it, and the upgrade was not
> trivial.
>
> Today, we upgraded it to its latest stable version. Just like before,
> you can access it via:
>
> 	https://patchwork.linuxtv.org
>
> As this is a new version, please report if you find any issues on it.

Actually I went a little into it, the black and white alternance for
lines clearly does not work. Any reason not to stick with the default
CSS for the content ?

An example that is readable:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/dri-devel/list/

regards,
Nicolas

* Re: [ANN] Patchwork version upgrade
@ 2019-05-31 19:40   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2019-05-31 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Dufresne; +Cc: linux-media

Em Fri, 31 May 2019 15:01:06 -0400
Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas@ndufresne.ca> escreveu:

> Le vendredi 31 mai 2019 à 12:40 -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For a long time, we were running an old Patchwork version. The thing is that
> > we had applied some patches on the top of it, and the upgrade was not
> > trivial.
> >
> > Today, we upgraded it to its latest stable version. Just like before,
> > you can access it via:
> >
> > 	https://patchwork.linuxtv.org
> >
> > As this is a new version, please report if you find any issues on it.
>
> Actually I went a little into it, the black and white alternance for
> lines clearly does not work.

Black and white alternance? Here, the background is always black
(tested with both Firefox and Chromium browser). Perhaps your browser
didn't apply the style.css correctly, ignoring this from style.css:

	.table-striped > tbody > tr:nth-of-type(odd) {
		background-color: black;
	}

What browser are you using?

> Any reason not to stick with the default CSS for the content ?
>
> An example that is readable:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/dri-devel/list/

Well, changing the entire layout of LinuxTV site would be a lot harder.

Also, from my side, having a black background makes it less tiring
to work with patchwork.

@ 2019-05-31 20:07 ` André Almeida
From: André Almeida @ 2019-05-31 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, linux-media

If one tries to access a page that doesn't exists (e.g. [1]), the page
shows that Django is on debug mode. According to Django
documentation[2], is not a good idea running with debugging enabled on
production environment. To fix this, just change the `DEBUG = True` to
`DEBUG = False` on `settings.py`. The result should be something like
this [3].

Thanks,
André

[1] https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/hacking
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/ref/settings/#debug
[3] https://patchwork.kernel.org/hacking

@ 2019-05-31 21:42     ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2019-05-31 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Dufresne; +Cc: linux-media

I did some changes at style.css. Please check if it looks better now.

@ 2019-06-01 14:03   ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2019-06-01 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: André Almeida; +Cc: linux-media

Em Fri, 31 May 2019 17:07:01 -0300
André Almeida <andrealmeid@collabora.com> escreveu:

> If one tries to access a page that doesn't exists (e.g. [1]), the page
> shows that Django is on debug mode. According to Django
> documentation[2], is not a good idea running with debugging enabled on
> production environment. To fix this, just change the `DEBUG = True` to
> `DEBUG = False` on `settings.py`. The result should be something like
> this [3].

Fixed.

> Thanks,
> André

Thanks,
Mauro

* Re: [ANN] Patchwork version upgrade
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-06-01 14:09 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2019-06-01 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Em Fri, 31 May 2019 12:40:50 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> For a long time, we were running an old Patchwork version. The thing is that
> we had applied some patches on the top of it, and the upgrade was not
> trivial.
>
> Today, we upgraded it to its latest stable version. Just like before,
> you can access it via:
>
> 	https://patchwork.linuxtv.org
>
> As this is a new version, please report if you find any issues on it.

I found a minor issue at the database where 166 patches didn't have
a commit message. On patchwork 2.1, the commit message is mandatory.
Not having it prevents being able to change the patch status.

After looking into it, it seems that this was due to some bugs with
the initial versions of patchwork, as the database before the
migration were also missing the data.

This was fixed by setting the commit message with an empty value.

From all I see, this happened only with patches that were already
applied, so it shouldn't be an issue. Yet, if you have any patches
pending to be applied, it doesn't hurt to check if the commit
message is empty at patchwork.

Btw, I'm tagging all patches that aren't with "new", "under review"
or "TODO" status to the archive.

Regards

Thanks,
Mauro

* Re: [ANN] Patchwork version upgrade
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-06-07 14:16 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2019-06-07 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Em Fri, 31 May 2019 12:40:50 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+samsung@kernel.org> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> For a long time, we were running an old Patchwork version. The thing is that
> we had applied some patches on the top of it, and the upgrade was not
> trivial.
>
> Today, we upgraded it to its latest stable version. Just like before,
> you can access it via:
>
> 	https://patchwork.linuxtv.org
>
> As this is a new version, please report if you find any issues on it.

Btw, I just added a page that will track the number of patches that
are inside patchwork:

	https://linuxtv.org/patchwork_stats.php

The stats are generated for patches received over the last two years.

This is accessible via the main http://linuxtv.org menu.

Thanks,
Mauro