* No Sound from EM2861 Device
@ 2022-08-25 14:43 Rich Sahlender
From: Rich Sahlender @ 2022-08-25 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hello - I have a USB capture device from ClearClick. This device has
both analog and s-video connections and lsusb shows the device as:

Bus 002 Device 004: ID eb1a:2861 eMPIA Technology, Inc. EasyCAP DC60+
[EM2861]

Using the Qt V4L2 Test Bench utility and selecting this device and
setting NTSC as the standard the video looks good from a DVD player but
there is no sound. In the User Controls tab of the test bench utility I
found the mute box was checked by default. When I uncheck the mute box
and restart there is still no sound regardless if using the analog
connections or the s-video connection.

The playback tab in the alsa mixer shows 100% for ALSA plug-in [qv4l2].
The input devices tab shows EasyCAP DC60+ [EM2861] Digital Stereo
(IEC958) at 100% and Port for this shows Digital Input (S/PDIF) with no
other choices.

I have read that many other EM28xx devices work well but perhaps there
is something different about this one from ClearClick or I have just not
set things up properly yet? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot further?

Thanks.

Rich

* Re: No Sound from EM2861 Device
@ 2022-08-30 13:33 ` Rich Sahlender
From: Rich Sahlender @ 2022-08-30 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Is this not the correct place to ask? Did I perhaps not provide
sufficient detail?

The EM28xx card list at kernel.org seems to imply that this device
should work however the list at linuxtv.org seems to imply that it is
not yet validated upstream and that one should send detail to this list
for assistance.

Should I be asking elsewhere?

Thanks.