* Any USB chip that delivers 60fps?
@ 2014-05-28  1:47 Michael Conrad
From: Michael Conrad @ 2014-05-28  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi, I'm looking for any USB-connected device that can give me 60fps from
a NTSC signal.  I'm either looking for a chip+driver that support
V4L2_FIELD_ALTERNATE (which I gather are rare) so that I can construct
my own frames at 60Hz by blending each pair of neighboring fields, or
ideally, to find hardware or driver that does a good job of it for me.

Why NTSC you ask? because I can find high quality cameras that work
great in low-light scenarios, where most USB cameras fall flat.

And as a follow-up question, is it possible and how hard would it be to
add V4L2_FIELD_ALTERNATE support to one of the EasyCap drivers? Does the
hardware de-interlace the frames on its own or is that in software?

Thanks,
-Mike

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-05-28  1:54 UTC | newest]