* uvc-1.5
@ 2015-09-29 23:06 James
From: James @ 2015-09-29 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

When is the Linux kernel going to support uvc-1.5?
It was made a standard on June 6, 2012

* Re: uvc-1.5
@ 2015-09-30 23:13 ` Mauro Carvalho Chehab
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2015-09-30 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James; +Cc: linux-media

Em Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:06:18 -0400
James <bjlockie@lockie.ca> escreveu:

> When is the Linux kernel going to support uvc-1.5?
> It was made a standard on June 6, 2012

When someone writes patches adding support for it, together with the
code that adds support to at least one device that uses UVC 1.5 ;)

I dunno if anyone is working on that ATM.

Regards,
Mauro

* Re: uvc-1.5
@ 2015-10-01  0:18   ` James
From: James @ 2015-10-01  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab; +Cc: linux-media

On 09/30/15 19:13, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:06:18 -0400
> James <bjlockie@lockie.ca> escreveu:
>
>> When is the Linux kernel going to support uvc-1.5?
>> It was made a standard on June 6, 2012
> When someone writes patches adding support for it, together with the
> code that adds support to at least one device that uses UVC 1.5 ;)
>
> I dunno if anyone is working on that ATM.
>
> Regards,
> Mauro
Apparently there was a patch in 2013.
https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg66199.html
If the patch is in the kernel, I don't think it works any more.
If the patch never made it into the kernel then I don't know why (my
guess is it has something to do with QP controls).