* [ANN] v4l-utils: remove utils/cec-follower/cec-log.h after a 'git pull'
@ 2019-10-02  8:52 Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2019-10-02  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a heads up: I synced v4l-utils with the latest media_tree master branch,
and that required some reorganization for the CEC utilities.

If you do a 'git pull' in an existing v4l-utils repo, then it will fail to
build due to an orphaned utils/cec-follower/cec-log.h file. Just remove it and
it will compile again.

utils/cec-follower/cec-log.h was a generated file, but this generated file is now
named cec-log-gen.h. A new utils/common/cec-log.h header was also introduced, so
cec-follower sources now include the old generated cec-log.h instead of the version
in utils/common.

Of course, if you do a fresh git clone, then you won't have this problem.

Apologies for this.

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: [ANN] v4l-utils: remove utils/cec-follower/cec-log.h after a 'git pull'
@ 2019-10-02 11:03 ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2019-10-02 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/2/19 10:52 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Just a heads up: I synced v4l-utils with the latest media_tree master branch,
> and that required some reorganization for the CEC utilities.
>
> If you do a 'git pull' in an existing v4l-utils repo, then it will fail to
> build due to an orphaned utils/cec-follower/cec-log.h file. Just remove it and
> it will compile again.
>
> utils/cec-follower/cec-log.h was a generated file, but this generated file is now
> named cec-log-gen.h. A new utils/common/cec-log.h header was also introduced, so
> cec-follower sources now include the old generated cec-log.h instead of the version
> in utils/common.
>
> Of course, if you do a fresh git clone, then you won't have this problem.
>
> Apologies for this.

Mauro had a better solution for this that prevents the compile errors.

But you still end up with an orphaned header that you might want to delete.

Thanks Mauro!

	Hans