* S/G_SELECTION: The target flag usage for capture/output buftype
@ 2019-08-15  2:59 Satish Kumar Nagireddy
From: Satish Kumar Nagireddy @ 2019-08-15  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi All,

I need your help in understanding target flag usage in S/G_SELECTION ioctls.

I see that some of the applications like GStreamer has the the hardcoding of target flag as V4L2_SEL_TGT_CROP for capture buftype.
https://github.com/Xilinx/gst-plugins-good-xlnx/blob/master/sys/v4l2/gstv4l2object.c#L4027

And on the other side, I see that few up-streamed drivers are clearly restricting to use CROP for output buftype and COMPOSE for capture buftype.
I do not have the concrete data from V4L2 specifications. At this point in time, I can only share other up-streamed drivers as examples.
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/media/platform/sti/bdisp/bdisp-v4l2.c#L935
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/media/platform/rockchip/rga/rga.c#L622
Any references from V4L2 specification?
Regards,
Satish

* S/G_SELECTION: The target flag usage for capture/output buftype
       [not found] <BYAPR02MB4070A517D6C71196D3414605ACD20@BYAPR02MB4070.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2019-08-15  2:59 ` Satish Kumar Nagireddy