* clarification needed: v4l2/soc-camera order of host/sub-device driver
@ 2015-06-16 15:52 Sherin Sasidharan
From: Sherin Sasidharan @ 2015-06-16 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: Laurent Pinchart

Hi,

Sort of a basic v4l2/soc-camera question.
First time posting on this mailing list; Let me know if this not the
right forum to post.

I am working on an old platform software based on kernel 3.6;
in my case, I have host driver and an i2c sub device driver (based on 5640)
Both are .ko (loadable kernel modules).

Now, things are working if
 I load sub device driver first, and then host driver.

But, if i load host driver first,and then sub device driver, then
things are not fine.
first while insmod-ing host driver itself, probe of host driver is called,

and soc_camera_host_register() is returning fine; internally within
soc_camera.c it would have failed.

Here: @
Soc_camera_probe()
        if (icl->board_info) {
                ret = soc_camera_init_i2c(icd, icl);  // this would
fail as i2c sub device is not added;
                if (ret < 0)
                {
                        goto eadddev;
                }

Is this expected, ? Or, the probe of host driver itself shoudn't have called?!

Is there any loading order of host/ sub device driver. etc?

Thanks,
Sherin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-06-16 15:52 UTC | newest]