* Multi M2M devices from one driver
@ 2018-07-07  7:51 Suresh Gupta
From: Suresh Gupta @ 2018-07-07  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi Experts,

We have a multi-functional scalar which has multiple inputs and multiple outputs.
We want to hook  this with a V4L2 M2M framework, but as per my limited understanding M2M framework does not support multiple inputs and multiple outputs.
So I am thinking to register multiple video4linux devices and initialize per-devices m2m data in one driver probe & allocate and initialize multiple m2m context per open call and actual driver run will call only when all opened devices calls streamon.

Do you think this approach works for us? Do you have any other idea?

Also, is there any why to queue same memory pointer as an output of one m2m queue and input of another queue without using memory copy, required if I use V4L2_MEMORY_USERPTR.

Thanks
SuresH

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-07-07  7:52 UTC | newest]