* [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
@ 2022-07-15  8:15 Hans Verkuil
                   ` (11 more replies)
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-07-15  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media
  Cc: Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham, Dave Stevenson,
	Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart, mchehab,
	Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus, Jernej Škrabec,
	Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski, Tomi Valkeinen,
	Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel, Benjamin Gaignard

Hi all,

The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.

To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/

If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
one.

See here for more details about the conference:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/

It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.

The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
will give a good indication of what to expect.

So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.

The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/

Code of conduct:

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/

A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of people):
that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee, tea, soda, water).

It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation), but
if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we can
split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying: "Sponsored by:".

Regards,

	Hans

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
@ 2022-07-15  8:36 ` Sebastian Fricke
                   ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: Sebastian Fricke @ 2022-07-15  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,
	Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	mchehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus,
	Jernej Škrabec, Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski,
	Tomi Valkeinen, Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel,
	Benjamin Gaignard

Hey Hans,

On 15.07.2022 10:15, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
>at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
>see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
>To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
>to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.
>
>I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>
>https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>
>If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
>one.
>
>See here for more details about the conference:
>
>https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>
>It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
>be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
>shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
>a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.

Could it be possible to record the meetings? I think it might be
valuable for others to get an overview of what is happening in the
subsystem and in which direction certain parts are going.
I believe this is especially the case for developers like me that are
new in the subsystem and who wouldn't be able to contribute
constructively to a design discussion yet.

>The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
>together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
>will give a good indication of what to expect.
>
>So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
>even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.
>
>The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:
>
>https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/
>
>Code of conduct:
>
>https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/
>
>A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of people):
>that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee, tea, soda, water).
>
>It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
>my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation), but
>if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we can
>split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying: "Sponsored by:".
>
>Regards,
>
>	Hans

Greetings,
Sebastian

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
@ 2022-07-15  8:42 ` Laurent Pinchart
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2022-07-15  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,
	Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, mchehab,
	Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus, Jernej Škrabec,
	Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski, Tomi Valkeinen,
	Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel, Benjamin Gaignard

Hi Hans,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:15:04AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

Please count me in :-)

> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>
> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
> one.
>
> See here for more details about the conference:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>
> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
> be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
> shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
> a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.

I wouldn't expect remote attendance to be possible, indeed. The audio
and video equipment required to do so efficiently won't be within
budget.

> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
> together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
> will give a good indication of what to expect.
>
> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
> even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.
>
> The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/
>
> Code of conduct:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/
>
> A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of people):
> that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee, tea, soda, water).
>
> It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
> my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation), but
> if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we can
> split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying: "Sponsored by:".

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
@ 2022-07-15  8:46 ` Philipp Zabel
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Philipp Zabel @ 2022-07-15  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil, linux-media
  Cc: Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham, Dave Stevenson,
	Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart, mchehab,
	Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus, Jernej Škrabec,
	Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski, Tomi Valkeinen,
	Stanimir Varbanov, Benjamin Gaignard

On Fr, 2022-07-15 at 10:15 +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

I would like to attend.

regards
Philipp

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
@ 2022-07-15  8:46   ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-07-15  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Fricke
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,
	Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	mchehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus,
	Jernej Škrabec, Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski,
	Tomi Valkeinen, Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel,
	Benjamin Gaignard

Hi Sebastian,

I'll keep it in mind as an option, but probably not. However, we always create a
meeting report of the summit (see e.g. https://linuxtv.org/news.php?entry=2019-05-24-1.sailus).

That's probably a lot more useful than having to listen to endless talking :-)

Regards,

	Hans

                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-15 10:34 ` Dave Stevenson
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Dave Stevenson @ 2022-07-15 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
	Kieran Bingham, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	mchehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus,
	Jernej Škrabec, Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski,
	Tomi Valkeinen, Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel,
	Benjamin Gaignard

Hi Hans

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 09:15, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

I hadn't realised you were looking at the Monday for the Media Summit,
so have currently booked to travel on Monday afternoon.

If the image sensor related stuff I raised can be scheduled for after
about 11am, then I should be able to rearrange to be there.
The stateful encoder stuff is also of interest.

  Dave

@ 2022-07-15 11:08   ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-07-15 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Stevenson
	Kieran Bingham, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	mchehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus,
	Jernej Škrabec, Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski,
	Tomi Valkeinen, Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel,
	Benjamin Gaignard

Hi Dave,

On 7/15/22 12:34, Dave Stevenson wrote:
> Hi Hans
>
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 09:15, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
>> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
>> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>>
>> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
>> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.
>
> I hadn't realised you were looking at the Monday for the Media Summit,
> so have currently booked to travel on Monday afternoon.
>
> If the image sensor related stuff I raised can be scheduled for after
> about 11am, then I should be able to rearrange to be there.
> The stateful encoder stuff is also of interest.

That shouldn't be a problem, certainly not for the sensor stuff, unless I
get similar requests that conflict with this.

Regards,

	Hans

>   Dave
>
>> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>>
>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>>
>> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
>> one.
>>
>> See here for more details about the conference:
>>
>> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>>
>> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
>> be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
>> shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
>> a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.
>>
>> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
>> together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
>> will give a good indication of what to expect.
>>
>> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
>> even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.
>>
>> The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:
>>
>> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/
>>
>> Code of conduct:
>>
>> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/
>>
>> A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of people):
>> that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee, tea, soda, water).
>>
>> It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
>> my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation), but
>> if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we can
>> split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying: "Sponsored by:".
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>         Hans

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-15 16:08 ` Ricardo Ribalda
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Ricardo Ribalda @ 2022-07-15 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
	Kieran Bingham, Dave Stevenson, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, Sakari Ailus,

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 at 10:15, Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

Please count me in as well.

Thanks for organizing this

--
Ricardo Ribalda

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-15 16:45 ` Jernej Škrabec
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Jernej Škrabec @ 2022-07-15 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media, Hans Verkuil
  Cc: Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham, Dave Stevenson,
	Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart, mchehab,
	Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus, Maxime Ripard,

Dne petek, 15. julij 2022 ob 10:15:04 CEST je Hans Verkuil napisal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday
> September 12 at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the
> Open Source Summit Europe, see
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more
> info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but
> you do need to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum
> of 20 participants.
>
> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@n
> dufresne.ca/T/
>
> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message
> (preferred) or this one.
>
> See here for more details about the conference:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>
> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether
> there will be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this
> time. Past experience shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for
> remote attendance, unless you have a meeting room that is designed for such
> purposes, which we don't have.
>
> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put
> that together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for
> Topics' thread will give a good indication of what to expect.
>
> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon
> as possible, even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.

thanks for invitation. I'll try to attend, but I can't say for sure yet, since
this is not related to my day job. I'll let you know as soon as I will know.

Best regards,
Jernej

> The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-a
> nd-safety/
>
> Code of conduct:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-> conduct/
>
> A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of
> people): that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee,
> tea, soda, water).
>
> It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
> my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation),
> but if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we
> can split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying:
> "Sponsored by:".
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Hans

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-15 18:35 ` Nicolas Dufresne
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Nicolas Dufresne @ 2022-07-15 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil, linux-media
  Cc: Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham, Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda,

Le vendredi 15 juillet 2022 à 10:15 +0200, Hans Verkuil a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

It will be pleasure to join.

regards,
Nicolas

> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>
> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
> one.
>
> See here for more details about the conference:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>
> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
> be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
> shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
> a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.
>
> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
> together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
> will give a good indication of what to expect.
>
> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
> even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.
>
> The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/
>
> Code of conduct:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/
>
> A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of people):
> that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee, tea, soda, water).
>
> It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
> my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation), but
> if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we can
> split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying: "Sponsored by:".
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Hans

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-18 21:54 ` sakari.ailus
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: sakari.ailus @ 2022-07-18 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,
	Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	mchehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, Jernej Škrabec,
	Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski, Tomi Valkeinen,
	Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel, Benjamin Gaignard

Hi Hans,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:15:04AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday
> September 12 at the Convention Centre Dublin.  It is co-located with the
> Open Source Summit Europe, see
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more
> info.

I'd like to attend.

--
Sakari Ailus

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-19  8:13 ` Benjamin Gaignard
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Benjamin Gaignard @ 2022-07-19  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil, linux-media
  Cc: Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham, Dave Stevenson,

Le 15/07/2022 à 10:15, Hans Verkuil a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

I would like to participate.

Regards,
Benjamin

> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>
> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
> one.
>
> See here for more details about the conference:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>
> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
> be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
> shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
> a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.
>
> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
> together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
> will give a good indication of what to expect.
>
> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
> even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.
>
> The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/
>
> Code of conduct:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/
>
> A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of people):
> that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee, tea, soda, water).
>
> It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
> my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation), but
> if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we can
> split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying: "Sponsored by:".
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Hans

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-19 12:23 ` Paul Kocialkowski
From: Paul Kocialkowski @ 2022-07-19 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,
	Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	mchehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus,
	Jernej Škrabec, Maxime Ripard, Tomi Valkeinen,

On Fri 15 Jul 22, 10:15, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.

Thanks for organizing this!

I'm interested in addenting too, but can give up the seat if there's too many
people in already.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and kernel engineering

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-22  9:52 ` Maxime Ripard
From: Maxime Ripard @ 2022-07-22  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,
	Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart,
	mchehab, Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus,
	Jernej Škrabec, paul.kocialkowski, Tomi Valkeinen,
	Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel, Benjamin Gaignard

Hi Hans,

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:15:04AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.
>
> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>
> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
> one.
>
> See here for more details about the conference:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>
> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
> be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
> shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
> a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.
>
> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
> together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
> will give a good indication of what to expect.
>
> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
> even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.

Thanks for the invite, count me in :)

Maxime

* Re: [ANN] Media Summit at OSS Europe in Dublin: September 12
                   ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-07-25  7:40 ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-07-25  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media
  Cc: Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham, Dave Stevenson,
	Ricardo Ribalda, Tomasz Figa, Laurent Pinchart, mchehab,
	Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus, Jernej Škrabec,
	Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski, Tomi Valkeinen,
	Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel, Benjamin Gaignard,
	Dave Stevenson

Hi all,

On 7/15/22 10:15, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>
> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.
>
> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>
> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
> one.
>
> See here for more details about the conference:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>
> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
> be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
> shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
> a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.
>
> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
> together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
> will give a good indication of what to expect.
>
> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
> even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.

The current list of attendees is:

Sakari Ailus
Kieran Bingham
Nicolas Dufresne
Benjamin Gaignard
Paul Kocialkowski
Jacopo Mondi
Laurent Pinchart
Ricardo Ribalda
Maxime Ripard
Dave Stevenson (from 11 am)
Hans Verkuil
Philipp Zabel

Tentative:

Jernej Škrabec

So 12 confirmed attendees. The room holds 20 people, so if you are interested and
able to attend, then just let me know, there are still seats available.

I plan to post a first draft agenda next week.

> The health and safety regulations will be those of the OSSE LF:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/health-and-safety/
>
> Code of conduct:
>
> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/attend/code-of-conduct/
>
> A final note: the total cost is at most $650 (depends on the number of people):
> that's for a whiteboard, powerstrips and refreshments (coffee, tea, soda, water).
>
> It would be nice if this can be sponsored by one or more companies. I'll ask
> my manager if Cisco can contribute to this (once he's back from vacation), but
> if other companies want to contribute as well, then let me know and we can
> split the bill. And start off the meeting with a nice slide saying: "Sponsored by:".

Collabora offered to sponsor this, many thanks for that!

@ 2022-08-05  8:02   ` Tomasz Figa
From: Tomasz Figa @ 2022-08-05  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Verkuil
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,
	Dave Stevenson, Ricardo Ribalda, Laurent Pinchart, mchehab,
	Ezequiel Garcia, Sean Young, sakari.ailus, Jernej Škrabec,
	Maxime Ripard, paul.kocialkowski, Tomi Valkeinen,
	Stanimir Varbanov, Philipp Zabel, Benjamin Gaignard, hidenorik

Hi Hans,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 4:41 PM Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On 7/15/22 10:15, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
> > at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
> > see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
> >
> > To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
> > to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.
> >
> > I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
> >
> > If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
> > one.
> >
> > See here for more details about the conference:
> >
> > https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
> >
> > It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
> > be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
> > shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
> > a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.
> >
> > The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
> > together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
> > will give a good indication of what to expect.
> >
> > So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
> > even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.
>
> The current list of attendees is:
>
> Sakari Ailus
> Kieran Bingham
> Nicolas Dufresne
> Benjamin Gaignard
> Paul Kocialkowski
> Jacopo Mondi
> Laurent Pinchart
> Ricardo Ribalda
> Maxime Ripard
> Dave Stevenson (from 11 am)
> Hans Verkuil
> Philipp Zabel
>
> Tentative:
>
> Jernej Škrabec
>
> So 12 confirmed attendees. The room holds 20 people, so if you are interested and
> able to attend, then just let me know, there are still seats available.

+CC Hidenori from my team who was interested in joining too.

Do we still have some seats left?

Best regards,
Tomasz

@ 2022-08-05  8:31     ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2022-08-05  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomasz Figa
  Cc: linux-media, Nicolas Dufresne, Jacopo Mondi, Kieran Bingham,

On 8/5/22 10:02, Tomasz Figa wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 4:41 PM Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On 7/15/22 10:15, Hans Verkuil wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The Linux Foundation organized a meeting room for us to use on Monday September 12
>>> at the Convention Centre Dublin. It is co-located with the Open Source Summit Europe,
>>> see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/ for more info.
>>>
>>> To attend this Media Summit no registration is required for the OSSE, but you do need
>>> to register with me by sending me an email. There is a maximum of 20 participants.
>>>
>>> I send out a request for topics in May and got quite a few replies:
>>>
>>> https://lore.kernel.org/all/a7007268a65846674b82a108215992d39b430b38.camel@ndufresne.ca/T/
>>>
>>> If you have more ideas for topics, then reply either to that message (preferred) or this
>>> one.
>>>
>>> See here for more details about the conference:
>>>
>>> https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
>>>
>>> It is primarily meant for media developers to meet face-to-face. Whether there will
>>> be a possibility to participate remotely is not certain at this time. Past experience
>>> shows that meetings like this are a poor fit for remote attendance, unless you have
>>> a meeting room that is designed for such purposes, which we don't have.
>>>
>>> The actual agenda will depend on who will attend, I hope to be able to put that
>>> together around mid August. But the link above with the 'Request for Topics' thread
>>> will give a good indication of what to expect.
>>>
>>> So, if you want to attend, then let me know by email. Please reply as soon as possible,
>>> even if you are not entirely certain yet if you can attend.
>>
>> The current list of attendees is:
>>
>> Sakari Ailus
>> Kieran Bingham
>> Nicolas Dufresne
>> Benjamin Gaignard
>> Paul Kocialkowski
>> Jacopo Mondi
>> Laurent Pinchart
>> Ricardo Ribalda
>> Maxime Ripard
>> Dave Stevenson (from 11 am)
>> Hans Verkuil
>> Philipp Zabel
>>
>> Tentative:
>>
>> Jernej Škrabec
>>
>> So 12 confirmed attendees. The room holds 20 people, so if you are interested and
>> able to attend, then just let me know, there are still seats available.
>
> +CC Hidenori from my team who was interested in joining too.
>
> Do we still have some seats left?

Yes, we have!

I've added Hidenori to the list of attendees.

	Hans