Linux-Media Archive on lore.kernel.org
* tm6000: new board id [15e4:0140]
@ 2019-11-30 14:33 Steven Maddox
From: Steven Maddox @ 2019-11-30 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,

New device...

Manufacturer: ION
Model: VCR 2 PC
Vendor/Product id: [15e4:0140]

Manufacturers URL: https://www.ionaudio.com/vcr-2-pc-vcr2pcx110

Chipset: tm6010 (see link to photos below)

Tests made:

- Forced it to use the tm6000 module via...

  echo 15e4 0140 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/tm6000/new_id

- Closest match (as this also has no DVB but also has composite) was a
"TM6010_BOARD_BEHOLD_VOYAGER" so used...

  modprobe tm6000 card=11

- After selecting input 1 on something like VLC - the video comes out
with a lot of green crap all over it, see this image...

  https://i.snipboard.io/JdSqKQ.jpg

- Also the audio is undecipherable and choppy... however sometimes when
you're not capturing the video - bizarrely the audio becomes clear and
you can capture it just using something like Audacity.  I'm finding it
tough to always reproduce this however.

- Since this is a VCR, clearly no DVB, Radio or Remote functions!

More photos of this unit after I've opened it up here...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMmjtgQuyeDK4NdA9

Basically if anyone has the time... I wouldn't mind a second opinion on
getting this to work.  I feel like it's fairly close.

My other option is to take the tm6010 board out of the VCR and put
something else in it which will be less problematic for most Linux-based
distributions (any suggestions?).

~lantizia

only message in thread, back to index