* Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-935C: cx231xx - analogue part broken?!
@ 2019-07-09 13:16 Raimonds Cicans
From: Raimonds Cicans @ 2019-07-09 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi!

This message is just FYI.

<rant>
I was looking for TV device having single TV (DVB-C & Analogue) input
and Linux drivers.
After long search I concluded that only viable choice - WinTV-HVR-935C.
I spent ~$100 and two days just to realize that adapter's hybrid tuner
IC do not have support for analogue part in Linux driver...

Dear drivers developers!!!
Please! Please! Please!
If your driver do not support some main feature - clearly state this in
source code comments or better in warnings.
</rant>

During tests of analogue part I encountered following errors (Linux
kernel 5.1.16 with all meaningful debug enabled):

BUG: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds in mceusb_dev_printdata+0xb1c/0xd10 [mceusb]

BUG: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds in __wake_up_common+0x598/0x5b0

BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in __mutex_lock+0x10d8/0x1190

BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at
include/linux/percpu-rwsem.h:34

BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000048

Bugs occurred when I was using following software: vlc /xatv / mythtv etc.

I'm personally not interested in further testing and debugging (I
already spent too much time on it).

BTW, is there any hybrid (analogue/digital) tuner IC with full Linux
support?

Raimonds Cicans

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-07-09 13:26 UTC | newest]