linux-mediatek.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Config REGULATOR_MTK_DVFSR depends on the non-existing config MTK_DVFSRC
@ 2021-12-22  9:24 Lukas Bulwahn
       [not found] ` <PS1PR0302MB25246AD196EE479F8CE6CB238E429@PS1PR0302MB2524.apcprd03.prod.outlook.com>
From: Lukas Bulwahn @ 2021-12-22  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henry Chen
  Cc: Liam Girdwood, Mark Brown, Matthias Brugger,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux ARM, linux-mediatek

Dear Henry,

In commit a0db6b0aa670 ("regulator: Regulator driver for the Mediatek
DVFSRC"), you have added the MediaTek DVFSRC regulator driver with the
config REGULATOR_MTK_DVFSR, which depends on the non-existing config
MTK_DVFSRC.

However, the config MTK_DVFSRC was never introduced in the kernel
repository so far. This makes this whole driver effectively dead code
in the repository.

Do you intend to add a further config MTK_DVFSRC for this driver to be
compiled or can we simply drop this dead driver code?

Best regards,

Lukas

* Re: Config REGULATOR_MTK_DVFSR depends on the non-existing config MTK_DVFSRC
       [not found]   ` <SG2PR03MB4567AFFAE972CE00FE4073F692429@SG2PR03MB4567.apcprd03.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2021-12-27  9:48     ` Lukas Bulwahn
From: Lukas Bulwahn @ 2021-12-27  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dawei Chien (錢大衛)
  Cc: HenryC Chen (陳建豪),
	Liam Girdwood, Mark Brown, linux-mediatek

On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 10:38 AM Dawei Chien (錢大衛)
<Dawei.Chien@mediatek.com> wrote:

> Dear Lukas,
> Please understand that we already added a further config MTK_DVFSRC, please refer to
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-mediatek/cover/20210812085846.2628-1-dawei.chien@mediatek.com/
> , so please don't drop this driver. With above driver, the client driver could controller DVFSRC regulator by request, thank you.

Okay, so I will hope that this driver is finally going to land in
linux-next soon.

Lukas