linux-mips.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* v4.9 fixes
@ 2016-11-03 11:50 Paul Burton
From: Paul Burton @ 2016-11-03 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ralf; +Cc: linux-mips

Hi Ralf,

Any update on getting fixes for the v4.9 cycle merged? I'm getting worried now
that nothing's been accepted in patchwork & no fixes are present in either
your upstream-linus or upstream-sfr repositories, even though there have been
a good number of fixes pending since well before -rc2.

Given that we're closing in on -rc4 & you're on holiday from then until ~-rc6
it would be fantastic if we could get these fixes in ASAP, and preferrably to
have some other means of getting any necessary patches into mainline whilst
you're away. I'd be happy to help any way I can, but really really don't want
v4.9 to be a broken release for MIPS - especially given that it'll be LTS.

To quote part of the email I sent you on the 24th:

> There are a few fixes it would be great to get in ASAP. This one fixes a
> break in the generic kernel build:
>
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14401/
>
> And these 2 fix rebooting malta:
>
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14395/
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14396/
>
> These 2 from Matt would be great to get in too, allowing KASLR to work with
> the generic kernels whilst it currently faults:
>
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14414/
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14415/
>
> And this one from Matt fixes an issue with the alchemy build:
>
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14405/
>
> There's also a bunch of patches fixing up printk output since lack of
> continuation markers has started triggering unwanted newlines in 4.9:
>
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14429/
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14430/
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14431/
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14432/
> https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/14444/
>
> They should all be really low risk, so it'd be great if we could get them in
> for -rc3. Peter mentioned you're away for a couple of weeks soon too, is
> there any plan in place for any patches that might be needed in that time?
> I'd be happy to help out. Are you going anywhere nice?

(...and there are more fixes that have been submitted since then, a number of
which seem like they'd be good v4.9 material.)

Thanks,
    Paul

* v4.9 fixes
@ 2016-11-03 11:50 ` Paul Burton