linux-mm.kvack.org archive mirror
* RE: SR # <4-10997886031> Performance issues
@ 2015-10-08  7:46 MB McAfee SR Update
From: MB McAfee SR Update @ 2015-10-08  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: oleksandr.chernykh; +Cc: linux-mm

Hello Oleksandr,

We see that the current director can't find scanning nodes and that's the reason why it handles the traffic on his own until it is overloaded.

Do you have more information about the different nodes? Are all of them on the same VMware host?

Do you use overprovisioning/oversubscription for these hosts - this is highly not recommended.

The issue is caused due to non-working Proxy HA - the settings seem to work - I don't see any mis-configuration, but due to so many issues I would recommend a cluster split and new HA setup from scratch:
https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4819

I also recommend some tcpdumps for VRRP traffic and for port 253 (Filters: ip.proto eq 253, vrrp)

With kind regards,

Stefan Bluemel
Intel Security Technical Support

International:  +1-888-847-8766
United Kingdom: 00800-6247-7463
Germany:	    00800-1225-5624
Australia:      +1-800-073-267

Web: http://www.mcafee.com
Web: http://mysupport.mcafee.com

Please respond only to support_reply@mcafee.com, keeping "SR # <4-XXXXXXXXX>" with your respective service request number in the subject line.

Keep up-to-date on your McAfee products! Subscribe to McAfee's NEW Support Notification Service (SNS) to get timely technical info.

The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.

-----------------
From: MB McAfee SR Update @ 2015-10-08  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: oleksandr.chernykh; +Cc: linux-mm

Hello,

Are these priorities used to choose VRRP master?

The director will be used for the load balancing. You can find this in the provided community article.

Is the node that will have higher director priority should also have GUI attached?

No, the Central Management is not related to the Proxy HA setup. Please see https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4823
Where is my master?

Is it possible to make 2 other nodes handle more traffic then VRRP master and thus make it less loaded?

Only via hardwareload balancing with an external LB. This MWG solution will work based on round robin for all available nodes.

@ 2015-10-08  9:18 MB McAfee SR Update

@ 2015-10-08  5:08 MB McAfee SR Update

@ 2015-10-06  7:18 MB McAfee SR Update

@ 2015-10-02  5:36 MB McAfee SR Update