linux-mmc.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Fwd: Help on Info for Linux SD/MMC userspace utils/test frameworks
       [not found] ` <CAOZ77oixi8zLB=ZTDcLqiCjHuv24HvnDFe4nem8BnbmGFnjH7Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-12-05  7:43   ` Suneel G
From: Suneel G @ 2014-12-05  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mmc, Ulf Hansson, chris

Hello Ulf/Chris,

mmc-utils.git seems to be limited and handles specific eMMC commands
from userspace.

Can you help me with info/web links to repos/utils which help in
issuing desired commands to SD/eMMC cards from userspace in Linux
using SDHCI framework?

Also, does Linux MMC subsystem support SD Host Compliance test suite
or certifications?

Thanks,
Suneel

* Re: Help on Info for Linux SD/MMC userspace utils/test frameworks
       [not found] ` <CAOZ77oixi8zLB=ZTDcLqiCjHuv24HvnDFe4nem8BnbmGFnjH7Q@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-12-05 10:23   ` Ulf Hansson
From: Ulf Hansson @ 2014-12-05 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suneel G; +Cc: linux-mmc, Chris Ball

On 5 December 2014 at 07:41, Suneel G <suneelgarapati@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Ulf/Chris,
>
> mmc-utils.git seems to be limited and handles specific eMMC commands from
> userspace.

That's not a limit. It's per design.

> Can you help me with info/web links to repos/utils which help in issuing
> desired commands to SD/eMMC cards from userspace in Linux using SDHCI
> framework?

There are no SDHCI framework available to userspace. Besides the usual
device information though sysfs/debugs nodes.

> Also, does Linux MMC subsystem support SD Host Compliance test suite or
> certifications?

Nope. We have a test module (drivers/mmc/card/mmc_test.c) which has
support for a bunch of test cases.

Feel free to extend those!

Kind regards
Uffe