linux-mtd.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* [RFC] mtd-utils: tag for previous release versions
@ 2020-10-28  9:17 Junling Zheng
From: Junling Zheng @ 2020-10-28  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd; +Cc: hukeping

Hi,

I note that there are no Tags in the mtd-utils repository for v2.1.1 and previous versions.

Do we have any plans to tag them for convenience?

Cheers,

Junling

* Re: [RFC] mtd-utils: tag for previous release versions
@ 2020-10-28  9:37 ` Junling Zheng
From: Junling Zheng @ 2020-10-28  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd; +Cc: hukeping

在 2020/10/28 17:17, Junling Zheng 写道:
> Hi,
>
> I note that there are no Tags in the mtd-utils repository for v2.1.1 and previous versions.
>
> Do we have any plans to tag them for convenience?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Junling

In addition, the 'release announcement' links for mtd-utils 2.1.1 and 2.1.0 on the home page cannot be opened:

https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2019-July/090488.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2019-March/088267.html

Were these two mails deleted by mistake?

@ 2020-10-28  9:57   ` David Oberhollenzer
From: David Oberhollenzer @ 2020-10-28  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Junling Zheng, linux-mtd; +Cc: hukeping

Hi,

On 10/28/20 10:37 AM, Junling Zheng wrote:
> 在 2020/10/28 17:17, Junling Zheng 写道:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I note that there are no Tags in the mtd-utils repository for v2.1.1 and previous versions.
>>
>> Do we have any plans to tag them for convenience?

A few months ago there was a disk failure on the server hosting the mailing
list archive and the git repositories. I pushed the mtd-utils repository again
and must have missed to push the older tags as well.

I pushed the tags now. Thanks for reporting!

> In addition, the 'release announcement' links for mtd-utils 2.1.1 and 2.1.0 on the home page cannot be opened:
>
> https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2019-July/090488.html
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2019-March/088267.html
>
> Were these two mails deleted by mistake?

In a way, yes. The only available backups of the mailing list archive where from
May 2018, so there is now a ~2 year gap in the mail archive.

Greetings,

David