linux-mtd.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* gpmi-nand: Kernel hang on i.MX6SX
@ 2022-08-22 20:03 Fabio Estevam
       [not found] ` <DU2PR04MB8774944F96947DDB1F62224E97719@DU2PR04MB8774.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com>
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2022-08-22 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Han Xu; +Cc: Miquel Raynal, linux-mtd, NXP Linux Team, Abel Vesa

Hi Han Xu,

I was working on a custom i.MX6SX-based board running mainline kernel,
and I faced a kernel hang while probing the GPMI NAND driver.

Applying your workaround from the NXP kernel avoids the hang:

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/commit/drivers/mtd/nand/raw/gpmi-nand/gpmi-nand.c?h=lf-5.15.y&id=d03eb99c393f8732f70a1d7d29a3b9c42cccbe48

What would be the correct fix for this that could be upstreamed?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam

* Re: gpmi-nand: Kernel hang on i.MX6SX
       [not found] ` <DU2PR04MB8774944F96947DDB1F62224E97719@DU2PR04MB8774.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2022-09-10 23:15   ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2022-09-10 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Han Xu; +Cc: Miquel Raynal, linux-mtd, dl-linux-imx, Abel Vesa

Hi Han Xu,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 5:12 PM Han Xu <han.xu@nxp.com> wrote:

> HI Fabio,
>
> Yes, I will upstream this patch for i.MX6SX.

Would you have any update on this?

Thanks