Linux-mtd Archive on lore.kernel.org
* intel spi on atomic pi
@ 2020-02-06 21:03 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2020-02-06 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Greetings, it has been, literally, 20 years since I used MTD ... and
it'sl all forgotten :0-)

I have a bunch of atomic pi boards, this chipset:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor
x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Series SoC Transaction Register (rev 36)

or
00:00.0 0600: 8086:2280 (rev 36)

I'm pretty unclear on how to get to the spi nor. I've enabled all
sorts of configs:
CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLKDEVS=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=y
CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONED_MASTER=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI=y
CONFIG_MTD_GEN_PROBE=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_1=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_2=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_4=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I1=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I2=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_INTELEXT=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_AMDSTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_STAA=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_UTIL=y
CONFIG_MTD_SPI_NOR=y
CONFIG_MTD_SPI_NOR_USE_4K_SECTORS=y
in my 5.5.0 kernel, but ... no nothing.

what am I missing besides enough smarts to make this work :-)
This is not a modular kernel, does that cause trouble for probing?

thanks

ron

only message in thread, back to index