linux-newbie.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* test
@ 2024-03-18  6:50 Meiyong Yu
From: Meiyong Yu @ 2024-03-18  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

txt mail

* Re: TEST
@ 2004-02-08 13:33   ` Ken Moffat
From: Ken Moffat @ 2004-02-08 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, pa3gcu wrote:

> On Sunday 08 February 2004 06:23, LEWIS KIMBLE wrote:
> > TEST
>
> Test failed!
>
> Reason;
> Caps lock was on.

LOL
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league

-

* Re: TEST
@ 2004-02-08  8:38 ` pa3gcu
From: pa3gcu @ 2004-02-08  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LEWIS KIMBLE, LINUX NEWBIE

On Sunday 08 February 2004 06:23, LEWIS KIMBLE wrote:
> TEST

Test failed!

Reason;
Caps lock was on.

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/

-

* TEST
@ 2004-02-08  5:23 LEWIS KIMBLE
From: LEWIS KIMBLE @ 2004-02-08  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LINUX NEWBIE

TEST

-

* RE: test
@ 2002-12-20 17:48 David Lewis
From: David Lewis @ 2002-12-20 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

I have no complaints - just trying to solve a problem.  I tried twice, 7
days apart, to resubscribe to the list, and got this back from the Major
both times:

**** Address already subscribed to linux-newbie

Other linux lists I subscribe to are coming through with no problem;  one
noteworthy difference between them and this list is that they use mailman as
a list manager rather than majordomo.

The test message I sent to the list never showed up in my Inbox, and I
suspect your response did only because you included my personal address.
I'll pay a visit to my IT group and see if they're up to something.

Thanks for the quick response.

Dave

From: Chuck Gelm @ 2002-10-05 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a a; +Cc: linux-newbie, Ray Olszewski

   From: Mail Administrator <Postmaster@ameritech.net>   1:41 PM
Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
     To: nc8q@gelm.net

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

    Recipient: <xlsd@hotmail.com>
    Reason:    Requested action not taken: exceeded storage allocation
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ray:  You hit the nail on the head! ;-)

Just so the list will know that anonymous list member 'a a'
has been answered.  Well, we attempted to answer. ;-)

Chuck

a a wrote:

> is this list working?

-

* Re: test
@ 2002-10-05  7:10 ` Ray Olszewski
From: Ray Olszewski @ 2002-10-05  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a a, linux-newbie

I don't send replies like this one to the list, since the person who needs
the help can't see list messages, and the others on the list don't really
need to be bothered by what is really a list-config question.

Now I don't *know* what happened to your sub, but I do notice that your
account is at hotmail, and hotmail mailboxes often fill up and start
bouncing mail. The linux-newbie list, like many mailing lists, includes a
system that checks bounces and tries to automatically unsubscribe any
address that bounces. So my *guess* is that that is what happened to you.

The solution is to resubscribe. If you stop seeing list traffic, that
should always be your first attempted solution (since if you are already
subscribed, the attempt to resubscribe will fail with that message).

At 06:42 AM 10/5/02 +0000, a a wrote:
>weird...i stopped receiving mail from this list at the start of the month
>and i didnt unsubscribe...(i can still send to this list)
>do i need to resubscribe or something?
>could you email me back directly as well xlsd@hotmail.com  (since im not
>getting anything from the list)
>

>>From: Ray Olszewski <ray@comarre.com>
>>To: "a a" <xlsd@hotmail.com>
>>Subject: Re: test
>>Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 21:18:28 -0700
>>
>>Yes.
>>
>>At 03:44 AM 10/5/02 +0000, you wrote:
>>>is this list working?

>>--
>>-------------------------------------------"Never tell me the odds!"--------
>>Ray Olszewski                                   -- Han Solo
>>Palo Alto, California, USA                        ray@comarre.com

* Re: test
@ 2002-10-05  6:42 a a
From: a a @ 2002-10-05  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)