* Adding init_task consolidation patches to linux-next
       [not found] <151274828194.9961.4230316917108602662.stgit@warthog.procyon.org.uk>
@ 2017-12-08 15:56 ` David Howells
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: David Howells @ 2017-12-08 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: dhowells, linux-arch, x86, linux-ia64, torvalds, linux-kernel,
	linux-next

Hi Stephen,

Can you add the following to linux-next please?

	http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=init_task

Thanks,
David

* Re: Adding init_task consolidation patches to linux-next
@ 2017-12-10 20:08   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-12-10 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells
  Cc: linux-arch, x86, linux-ia64, torvalds, linux-kernel, linux-next

Hi David,

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 15:56:40 +0000 David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com> wrote:

> Can you add the following to linux-next please?
>
> 	http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=init_task

I'd be much happier if these patches had any Reviewd-by or Tested-by tags ...

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Adding init_task consolidation patches to linux-next
@ 2017-12-14 18:21   ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2017-12-14 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: dhowells, linux-arch, x86, linux-ia64, torvalds, linux-kernel,
	linux-next

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> I'd be much happier if these patches had any Reviewd-by or Tested-by tags ...

They've now got:

	Tested-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
	Tested-by: Will Deacon <will.deacon@arm.com> (arm64)

attached.  I've also added riscv support.

@ 2017-12-14 18:32     ` Palmer Dabbelt
From: Palmer Dabbelt @ 2017-12-14 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, dhowells, linux-arch, x86, linux-ia64,
	Linus Torvalds, linux-kernel, linux-next

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 10:21:16 PST (-0800), dhowells@redhat.com wrote:
> Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
>> I'd be much happier if these patches had any Reviewd-by or Tested-by tags ...
>
> They've now got:
>
> 	Tested-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
> 	Tested-by: Will Deacon <will.deacon@arm.com> (arm64)
>
> attached.  I've also added riscv support.

Thanks!  It works for me.

* Re: Adding init_task consolidation patches to linux-next
@ 2017-12-15  2:49   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2017-12-15  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Howells
  Cc: linux-arch, x86, linux-ia64, torvalds, linux-kernel, linux-next

Hi David,

On Fri, 08 Dec 2017 15:56:40 +0000 David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com> wrote:

> Can you add the following to linux-next please?
>
> 	http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=init_task

AKA git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git#init_task

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Adding init_task consolidation patches to linux-next
@ 2017-12-15  8:36       ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2017-12-15  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Palmer Dabbelt
  Cc: dhowells, Stephen Rothwell, linux-arch, x86, linux-ia64,

Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com> wrote:

> Thanks!  It works for me.

Excellent, thanks!  Can I put you down as a Tested-by for riscv?

@ 2017-12-15 18:52         ` Palmer Dabbelt
From: Palmer Dabbelt @ 2017-12-15 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: dhowells, Stephen Rothwell, linux-arch, x86, linux-ia64,

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 00:36:37 PST (-0800), dhowells@redhat.com wrote:
> Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks!  It works for me.
>
> Excellent, thanks!  Can I put you down as a Tested-by for riscv?

Sure.

Tested-by: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com>