* linux-next: cris build failure
@ 2009-04-21  3:58 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2009-04-21  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Nilsson; +Cc: linux-next

Hi Jesper,

Having figured out that I needed a crisv32 compiler (not a cris one) to
build the kernel, I now get this error:

  LD      arch/cris/arch-v32/boot/rescue/rescue.o
/bin/sh: gcc-cris: command not found
make[3]: *** [arch/cris/arch-v32/boot/rescue/rescue.o] Error 127

arch/cris/arch-v32/boot/rescue/Makefile has an explicit reference to
gcc-cris.  Surely there is some better way specify this.  I created a
symlink for gcc-cris to my crisv32 cross compiler and that allowed the
kernel to finish building, but that is not a very nice solution.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

* Re: linux-next: cris build failure
@ 2009-04-21  6:06 ` Jesper Nilsson
From: Jesper Nilsson @ 2009-04-21  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 05:58:43AM +0200, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jesper,
>
> Having figured out that I needed a crisv32 compiler (not a cris one) to
> build the kernel, I now get this error:
>
>   LD      arch/cris/arch-v32/boot/rescue/rescue.o
> /bin/sh: gcc-cris: command not found
> make[3]: *** [arch/cris/arch-v32/boot/rescue/rescue.o] Error 127
>
> arch/cris/arch-v32/boot/rescue/Makefile has an explicit reference to
> gcc-cris.  Surely there is some better way specify this.  I created a
> symlink for gcc-cris to my crisv32 cross compiler and that allowed the
> kernel to finish building, but that is not a very nice solution.

Yes, you are quite correct. I have been working (albeit slowly)
at removing all non-standard commands and port specific symlinks,
and I have a patch that folds the boot code for both v32 and v10
into the same directory. That patch also removes the gcc-cris usage.

I'll push that out to my for-next branch asap.

/^JN - Jesper Nilsson
--
               Jesper Nilsson -- jesper.nilsson@axis.com

* Re: linux-next: cris build failure