* Please add my tree to linux-next
@ 2011-12-02  4:22 Cong Wang
From: Cong Wang @ 2011-12-02  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-next, LKML

Hi Stephen,

As Andrew Morton suggested, please add my tree which contains all
of my patches for kmap_atomic() [1] to linux-next. Some of the
individual patches already got ACK from subsystem maintainers.
The tree is hosted on github:

     git://github.com/congwang/linux.git #kmap_atomic

I already rebased it to today's Linus tree.

Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thanks!

1. http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/27/2

* Re: Please add my tree to linux-next
@ 2011-12-04 23:09 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-12-04 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cong Wang; +Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-next, LKML

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:22:54 +0800 Cong Wang <amwang@redhat.com> wrote:

> As Andrew Morton suggested, please add my tree which contains all
> of my patches for kmap_atomic() [1] to linux-next. Some of the
> individual patches already got ACK from subsystem maintainers.
> The tree is hosted on github:
>
>      git://github.com/congwang/linux.git #kmap_atomic

I have added this tree to linux-next today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
	Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

Legal Stuff:
By participating in linux-next, your subsystem tree contributions are
public and will be included in the linux-next trees.  You may be sent
e-mail messages indicating errors or other issues when the
patches/commits from your subsystem tree are merged and tested in
linux-next.  These messages may also be cross-posted to the linux-next
mailing list, the linux-kernel mailing list, etc.  The linux-next tree
project and IBM (my employer) make no warranties regarding the linux-next
project, the testing procedures, the results, the e-mails, etc.  If you
don't agree to these ground rules, let me know and I'll remove your tree
from participation in linux-next.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: Please add my tree to linux-next
@ 2011-12-05  5:40   ` Cong Wang
From: Cong Wang @ 2011-12-05  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-next, LKML

于 2011年12月05日 07:09, Stephen Rothwell 写道:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:22:54 +0800 Cong Wang<amwang@redhat.com>  wrote:
>>
>> As Andrew Morton suggested, please add my tree which contains all
>> of my patches for kmap_atomic() [1] to linux-next. Some of the
>> individual patches already got ACK from subsystem maintainers.
>> The tree is hosted on github:
>>
>>       git://github.com/congwang/linux.git #kmap_atomic
>
> I have added this tree to linux-next today.
>
> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
> you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
>       * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
> 	Signed-off-by,

When I sent the patches out, they all have my Signed-off-by, but not in the
commit logs in my tree. Is this a problem?

Yes, see http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/27/2.

>       * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),

Yes.

>       * successfully unit tested, and

Yes, compile-tested on x86_64 and ppc.

>       * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Yes, for next merge window.

> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Ok.

Thanks!

* Re: Please add my tree to linux-next
@ 2011-12-05  6:12     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-12-05  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cong Wang; +Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-next, LKML

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:40:29 +0800 Cong Wang <amwang@redhat.com> wrote:

> >       * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
> > 	Signed-off-by,
>
> When I sent the patches out, they all have my Signed-off-by, but not in the
> commit logs in my tree. Is this a problem?

Yes, you must have a signed-off-by line for each person who handles the
patches (in this case just you, since you are also the author).
Linus (in theory) would not merge your tree if you asked him to if it
lacked signed-off-by lines (and I will have to drop it if they are not
added - this will mean rebasing your tree, of course).

--
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

@ 2011-12-05  6:52       ` Cong Wang
From: Cong Wang @ 2011-12-05  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-next, LKML

于 2011年12月05日 14:12, Stephen Rothwell 写道:
> Hi,
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:40:29 +0800 Cong Wang<amwang@redhat.com>  wrote:
>>
>>>        * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
>>> 	Signed-off-by,
>>
>> When I sent the patches out, they all have my Signed-off-by, but not in the
>> commit logs in my tree. Is this a problem?
>
> Yes, you must have a signed-off-by line for each person who handles the
> patches (in this case just you, since you are also the author).
> Linus (in theory) would not merge your tree if you asked him to if it
> lacked signed-off-by lines (and I will have to drop it if they are not
> added - this will mean rebasing your tree, of course).

Ok, I will re-commit those patches with my S-o-b and rebase my tree.

Thanks!

* Re: Please add my tree to linux-next
@ 2011-12-07  9:35         ` Cong Wang
From: Cong Wang @ 2011-12-07  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-next, LKML

Hi, Stephen,

I just re-commit those patches into my tree with ACK's I got,
and squash a patch which fixes ARM build, so it is rebased now.
Please re-add it to linux-next.

@ 2011-12-07 10:37           ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2011-12-07 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cong Wang; +Cc: Andrew Morton, linux-next, LKML

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 17:35:03 +0800 Cong Wang <amwang@redhat.com> wrote:

> I just re-commit those patches into my tree with ACK's I got,
> and squash a patch which fixes ARM build, so it is rebased now.
> Please re-add it to linux-next.

You don't need to ask me to re-add your tree.  As long as the URL and
branch remain the same, I will attempt to fetch it each morning.

So the new contents will appear in tomorrow's linux-next,
--

@ 2013-10-31 23:44   ` Robert Richter
From: Robert Richter @ 2013-10-31 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next

On 01.11.13 09:35:16, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:39:44 +0100 Robert Richter <rric@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > please add my tree to linux-next:
> >
> >  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rric/linux.git for-next
> >
> > Preferable after the oprofile tree.
> >
> > This is a more general tree with stuff not related to oprofile.
>
> It would be good to know what you intent to put into that tree.  Since it
> is currently empty, I have not added it today - and since the merge
> window will open before I do another linux-next release (after today's),
> I will not add it until after v3.13-rc1 is released (unless you tell me
> it will contain urgent stuff like bug fixes for v3.13).

I added this tree for hosting patches unrelated to oprofile, currently
these are edac and perf patches. At the moment I am using my oprofile
tree for this. But to not confuse people I want to use a repo with a
more generic name for this purpose in future.

There should be patches in for a couple of hours already. And the
contents is the same as in oprofile/for-next that hosts the same for a
couple of days already.  Anyway, since this is more a transition from
one tree to another I can also wait.

Thanks,

-Robert

* Re: Please add my tree to linux-next