* ARM context switch changes for -next
@ 2012-01-03 18:14 Catalin Marinas
From: Catalin Marinas @ 2012-01-03 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Russell King - ARM Linux, Peter Zijlstra, linux-next

Hi Stephen,

Could you please pull the branch below into -next? I'd like to give it a
few weeks of exposure before sending an official pull request to
Russell. One of the patches introduces a scheduler hook and Peter Z
agreed with it. You may get a conflict in -next since some scheduler
files have been renamed.

Thanks.

The following changes since commit 384703b8e6cd4c8ef08512e596024e028c91c339:

  Linux 3.2-rc6 (2011-12-16 18:36:26 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux.git intr-ctxsw

Catalin Marinas (4):
      sched: Introduce the finish_arch_post_lock_switch() scheduler hook
      ARM: Remove __ARCH_WANT_INTERRUPTS_ON_CTXSW on ASID-capable CPUs
      ARM: Remove current_mm per-cpu variable
      ARM: Remove __ARCH_WANT_INTERRUPTS_ON_CTXSW on pre-ARMv6 CPUs

Will Deacon (2):
      ARM: Use TTBR1 instead of reserved context ID
      ARM: Allow ASID 0 to be allocated to tasks

 arch/arm/include/asm/mmu_context.h |  104 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 arch/arm/include/asm/system.h      |    7 ---
 arch/arm/include/asm/thread_info.h |    1 +
 arch/arm/mm/context.c              |   40 ++++++--------
 arch/arm/mm/proc-v7.S              |    9 +---
 kernel/sched.c                     |    4 ++

Catalin

* Re: ARM context switch changes for -next
@ 2012-01-03 22:56 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2012-01-03 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catalin Marinas; +Cc: Russell King - ARM Linux, Peter Zijlstra, linux-next

Hi Catalin,

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:14:18 +0000 Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com> wrote:

> Could you please pull the branch below into -next? I'd like to give it a
> few weeks of exposure before sending an official pull request to
> Russell. One of the patches introduces a scheduler hook and Peter Z
> agreed with it. You may get a conflict in -next since some scheduler
> files have been renamed.

Do you expect this to be merged by Linus during the 3.3 merge window?  If
so, it s a bit late (I expect Linus to do the 3.2 release any time).  If
not, I would like not to add it to -next until after v3.3-rc1 is released
so that it doesn't complicate things for the merge window.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: ARM context switch changes for -next
@ 2012-01-04  9:25   ` Catalin Marinas
From: Catalin Marinas @ 2012-01-04  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Russell King - ARM Linux, Peter Zijlstra, linux-next

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 10:56:34PM +0000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:14:18 +0000 Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@arm.com> wrote:
> > Could you please pull the branch below into -next? I'd like to give it a
> > few weeks of exposure before sending an official pull request to
> > Russell. One of the patches introduces a scheduler hook and Peter Z
> > agreed with it. You may get a conflict in -next since some scheduler
> > files have been renamed.
>
> Do you expect this to be merged by Linus during the 3.3 merge window?  If
> so, it s a bit late (I expect Linus to do the 3.2 release any time).  If
> not, I would like not to add it to -next until after v3.3-rc1 is released
> so that it doesn't complicate things for the merge window.

These patches are aimed for 3.4, not the upcoming merging window.

I'll ping you again after 3.3-rc1.

Thanks.

--
Catalin