* arm64 audit build failures in -next
       [not found] <E1XLCyO-0007E5-P1@cassiel.sirena.org.uk>
@ 2014-08-23 15:50 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2014-08-23 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Paris, Richard Guy Briggs
  Cc: Catalin Marinas, Will Deacon, linaro-kernel, linux-arm-kernel,
	linux-audit, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, kernel-build-reports

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 04:11:20PM +0100, Build bot for Mark Brown wrote:

> 	arm64-allmodconfig
> ../arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c:1120:3: error: too many arguments to function 'audit_syscall_entry'

This has now been broken in -next for about a month with a fix available
and since the merge window the arm64 audit support is in mainline so the
fix can be directly applied without cross tree issues (the audit changes
didn't get sent during the merge window).  Catalin and Will have also
indicated that they want to remove the workaround that's in -next
currently to allow defconfig to build which would make the situation
even more pressing.

Do we have any idea when it will be possible to get a fix into -next?

* Re: arm64 audit build failures in -next
@ 2014-08-24 20:35   ` Eric Paris
From: Eric Paris @ 2014-08-24 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Richard Guy Briggs, Catalin Marinas, Will Deacon, linaro-kernel,
	linux-arm-kernel, linux-audit, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next,
	kernel-build-reports

I just pushed a clean copy of Linus' tree to my audit tree.  So my API
change is gone when he next pull for -next.  I'm on vacation this week
and really wanted to get it fixed right before I left.  It didn't
happen.  when I push a new tree into next I will pick up the arm audit
patch and fix the api in my tree.

-Eric

@ 2014-08-24 20:51   ` Richard Guy Briggs
From: Richard Guy Briggs @ 2014-08-24 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Eric Paris, Stephen Rothwell, linaro-kernel,
	kernel-build-reports, Catalin Marinas, Will Deacon, linux-audit,
	linux-next, linux-arm-kernel

On 14/08/23, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 04:11:20PM +0100, Build bot for Mark Brown wrote:
> > 	arm64-allmodconfig
> > ../arch/arm64/kernel/ptrace.c:1120:3: error: too many arguments to function 'audit_syscall_entry'
>
> This has now been broken in -next for about a month with a fix available
> and since the merge window the arm64 audit support is in mainline so the
> fix can be directly applied without cross tree issues (the audit changes
> didn't get sent during the merge window).  Catalin and Will have also
> indicated that they want to remove the workaround that's in -next
> currently to allow defconfig to build which would make the situation
> even more pressing.
>
> Do we have any idea when it will be possible to get a fix into -next?

It will be able to get into -next after eparis has reset his tree to
reference v3.16 targetting v3.18-rc1.  That should be in just over a
week's time.

- RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs <rbriggs@redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer, Kernel Security, AMER ENG Base Operating Systems, Red Hat