* linux-next: vacation
@ 2015-06-05  4:15 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2015-06-05  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-next; +Cc: LKML, Michael Ellerman, Linus, Andrew Morton

Hi all,

I will be taking vacation on the 12th to the 21st of June (inclusive -
the 12th is next Friday).  Unfortunately, this is most likely to be the
first week of the merge window unless something really interesting
comes up :-)

Fortunately, Michael Ellerman (PowerPC maintainer) has volunteered to
fill in during my absence and I have told him that just a few releases
should suffice.  To that end, we are doing a test run today, so
messages will be coming from him and he may not get finished (it has
been taking me up to 14 hours a day recently :-().

I will do linux-next Tuesday to Thursday next week (Monday is a public
holiday) and it would be nice if things were very quiet leading up to
the merge window - you have all merged all the new features by now
anyway, right? :-)

So bottom line is that the service will be "degraded" (as Michael put
it) but Michael will do his best.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

* Re: linux-next: vacation
@ 2015-06-05 16:17 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2015-06-05 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, LKML, Michael Ellerman, Andrew Morton

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> I will be taking vacation on the 12th to the 21st of June (inclusive -
> the 12th is next Friday).  Unfortunately, this is most likely to be the
> first week of the merge window unless something really interesting
> comes up :-)

Actually, it won't be. That week coincides with my family vacation, so
either I'll be delaying the 4.1 release, or I'll just delay starting
the merge window after the release. Either way, I'm not going to spend
my vacation pulling stuff...

So your timing seems to be particularly good.

             Linus