* linux-next: please clean up the lightnvm tree
@ 2016-07-08  4:22 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-07-08  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matias Bjørling; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Jens Axboe

Hi Matias,

I noticed that the commits in the lightnvm tree have been applied
to the block tree as a series of patches (i.e. effectively rebased).
Could you please remove all the duplicate patches from the lightnvm tree
(which I think is the whole tree, curretly) before they start causing
merge conflicts for me.

One way to do this would be to rebase your tree on top of the block tree.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: please clean up the lightnvm tree
@ 2016-07-08  4:30 ` Matias Bjørling
From: Matias Bjørling @ 2016-07-08  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Jens Axboe

On 07/08/2016 06:22 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Matias,
>
> I noticed that the commits in the lightnvm tree have been applied
> to the block tree as a series of patches (i.e. effectively rebased).
> Could you please remove all the duplicate patches from the lightnvm tree
> (which I think is the whole tree, curretly) before they start causing
> merge conflicts for me.
>
> One way to do this would be to rebase your tree on top of the block tree.

Thanks Stephen. Updated the for-next. I will make sure they are taken
off if applied directly to the block tree in the future.

* Re: linux-next: please clean up the lightnvm tree
@ 2016-07-08  6:23   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-07-08  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matias Bjørling; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Jens Axboe

Hi Matias,

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 06:30:59 +0200 Matias Bjørling <m@bjorling.me> wrote:

> Thanks Stephen. Updated the for-next. I will make sure they are taken
> off if applied directly to the block tree in the future.

Tnanks.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell