* linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with the crypto tree
@ 2018-12-10  4:47 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-12-10  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul E. McKenney, Herbert Xu
	Paulo Flabiano Smorigo

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:

  MAINTAINERS

between commit:

  c97e4df573f2 ("MAINTAINERS: change NX/VMX maintainers")

from the crypto tree and commit:

  1dfddcdb95c4 ("MAINTAINERS: Update from @linux.vnet.ibm.com to @linux.ibm.com")

from the rcu tree.

I fixed it up (I used the crypto tree version of teh changes) and can
carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with the crypto tree
@ 2018-12-10  5:10 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2018-12-10  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul E. McKenney, Herbert Xu
	Paulo Flabiano Smorigo

Hi all,

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 15:47:44 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> I fixed it up (I used the crypto tree version of the changes) and can

This turned out to be the correct thing to do since my email to Paulo
Flabiano Smorigo <pfsmorigo@linux.vnet.ibm.com> (when forwarded to <pfsmorigo@linux.ibm.com>) bounced.   ;-)

--

@ 2018-12-10 19:29 ` Paul E. McKenney
From: Paul E. McKenney @ 2018-12-10 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Paulo Flabiano Smorigo, mingo

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 03:47:44PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:
>
>   MAINTAINERS
>
> between commit:
>
>   c97e4df573f2 ("MAINTAINERS: change NX/VMX maintainers")
>
> from the crypto tree and commit:
>
>   1dfddcdb95c4 ("MAINTAINERS: Update from @linux.vnet.ibm.com to @linux.ibm.com")
>
> from the rcu tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I used the crypto tree version of teh changes) and can
> carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
> concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
> upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
> also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
> tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Agreed, and again adding Ingo.

The author of the conflicting commit is on CC of my commit, FYI.

							Thanx, Paul