Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
* linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the xfs tree
@ 2019-08-12 21:45 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-08-12 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong, David Chinner, linux-xfs

Hi all,

In commit

  294fc7a4c8ec ("fs: xfs: xfs_log: Don't use KM_MAYFAIL at xfs_log_reserve().")

Fixes tag

  Fixes: eb01c9cd87 ("[XFS] Remove the xlog_ticket allocator")

has these problem(s):

  - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
    This can be fixed for the future by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or
    more) or (for git v2.11 or later) just making sure it is not set
    (or set to "auto").

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the xfs tree
@ 2019-01-30  0:38         ` Dave Chinner
From: Dave Chinner @ 2019-01-30  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Christoph Hellwig

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 11:02:56AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:43:38 +1100 Dave Chinner <david@fromorbit.com> wrote:
> >
> > .... and in replying to correct me demonstrates the exact point I
> > was making - that documenting what configuration should be used to
> > avoid the warning acheives far more than just reporting an error.
> >
> > i.e. all those people who /don't follow git development/ and have
> > working configs that pre-date the "auto mode" or it being made
> > the default now know the correct way to configure their repository.
>
> Point taken.  It now says:
>
>   - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
>     Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
>     or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").

Wonderful!

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner
david@fromorbit.com

* Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the xfs tree
@ 2019-01-30  0:02       ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-01-30  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Chinner

@ 2019-01-29 23:43     ` Dave Chinner
From: Dave Chinner @ 2019-01-29 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

@ 2019-01-29 23:06   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-01-29 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Chinner

@ 2019-01-29 22:08 ` Dave Chinner
From: Dave Chinner @ 2019-01-29 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 07:56:47AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In commit
>
>   4ea899ead278 ("iomap: fix a use after free in iomap_dio_rw")
>
> Fixes tag
>
>   Fixes: ff6a9292e6 ("iomap: implement direct I/O")
>
> has these problem(s):
>
>   - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long

Might be worth adding this to the boiler plate code:

	This can be fixed by adding the following to your ~/.gitconfig file:

	[core]
		abbrev = 12

Thanks!

-Dave.
--
Dave Chinner
david@fromorbit.com

* linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the xfs tree
@ 2019-01-29 20:56 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-01-29 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong, David Chinner, linux-xfs