Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <linux@armlinux.org.uk>
To: Mike Rapoport <rppt@linux.ibm.com>
Cc: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>,
	Mike Rapoport <mike.rapoport@gmail.com>,
	Chester Lin <clin@suse.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the arm tree
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 17:04:04 +0100

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 03:21:07PM +0100, Mike Rapoport wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 03:21:28PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> > This is correctly signed off, but Mike didn't send the patch correctly.
> > It missed a From: line for the proper author, so the patch was committed
> > as if Mike had authored it, which he didn't.
>
> Sorry about that, haven't used the patch system for couple of years now.
> Would you like me to resubmit the patch?

No, I recommitted with the correct author.  The patch system takes
standard formatted patches (in the format you'd send to the mailing
lists, complete with the From: header in the first line of the
description, as if you're passing a patch along from someone else)
with the exception of the KernelVersion: header which needs to appear
somewhere before the patch (which can be either body or header.)

> > On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:14:59AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Commit
> > >
> > >   2505b9ba9c37 ("ARM: 8904/1: skip nomap memblocks while finding the lowmem/highmem boundary")
> > >
> > > is missing a Signed-off-by from its author.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cheers,
> > > Stephen Rothwell
> >

> > --
> > RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
> > FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
> > According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up
>
> --
> Sincerely yours,
> Mike.

FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up

      parent reply index