Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree
@ 2019-11-12 21:10 Stephen Rothwell
  2019-11-14 22:34 ` Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-11-12 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood
  Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 956 bytes --]

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc-fixes tree, today's linux-next build
(x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:

sound/soc/sof/sof-pci-dev.c:116:15: error: 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cfl_machines' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines'?
  116 |  .machines  = snd_soc_acpi_intel_cfl_machines,
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |               snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines
sound/soc/sof/sof-pci-dev.c:136:15: error: 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cml_machines' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines'?
  136 |  .machines  = snd_soc_acpi_intel_cml_machines,
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |               snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines

Caused by commit

  1d3e9077307f ("ASoC: SOF: Intel: Fix CFL and CML FW nocodec binary names.")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree
  2019-11-12 21:10 linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree Stephen Rothwell
@ 2019-11-14 22:34 ` Stephen Rothwell
  2019-11-18 15:58   ` Mark Brown
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-11-14 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood
  Cc: Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1113 bytes --]

Hi all,

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 08:10:35 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> After merging the sound-asoc-fixes tree, today's linux-next build
> (x86_64 allmodconfig) failed like this:
> 
> sound/soc/sof/sof-pci-dev.c:116:15: error: 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cfl_machines' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines'?
>   116 |  .machines  = snd_soc_acpi_intel_cfl_machines,
>       |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       |               snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines
> sound/soc/sof/sof-pci-dev.c:136:15: error: 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cml_machines' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines'?
>   136 |  .machines  = snd_soc_acpi_intel_cml_machines,
>       |               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       |               snd_soc_acpi_intel_cnl_machines
> 
> Caused by commit
> 
>   1d3e9077307f ("ASoC: SOF: Intel: Fix CFL and CML FW nocodec binary names.")
> 
> I have reverted that commit for today.

I am still reverting that commit.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree
  2019-11-14 22:34 ` Stephen Rothwell
@ 2019-11-18 15:58   ` Mark Brown
  2019-11-18 16:47     ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
  2019-11-19  3:15     ` Stephen Rothwell
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-11-18 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Liam Girdwood, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Pierre-Louis Bossart

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 578 bytes --]

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 09:34:10AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 08:10:35 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> > Caused by commit

> >   1d3e9077307f ("ASoC: SOF: Intel: Fix CFL and CML FW nocodec binary names.")

> > I have reverted that commit for today.

> I am still reverting that commit.

I've reverted the commit, I was a bit disappointed that none of the
Intel people responded but I see you didn't CC Pierre who sent the
commit so he won't have seen your report - I missed that due to the CC
to Liam who was also in the chain.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree
  2019-11-18 15:58   ` Mark Brown
@ 2019-11-18 16:47     ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
  2019-11-18 19:14       ` Mark Brown
  2019-11-19  3:15     ` Stephen Rothwell
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 6+ messages in thread
From: Pierre-Louis Bossart @ 2019-11-18 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: Liam Girdwood, Linux Next Mailing List, Linux Kernel Mailing List



On 11/18/19 9:58 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 09:34:10AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 08:10:35 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> 
>>> Caused by commit
> 
>>>    1d3e9077307f ("ASoC: SOF: Intel: Fix CFL and CML FW nocodec binary names.")
> 
>>> I have reverted that commit for today.
> 
>> I am still reverting that commit.
> 
> I've reverted the commit, I was a bit disappointed that none of the
> Intel people responded but I see you didn't CC Pierre who sent the
> commit so he won't have seen your report - I missed that due to the CC
> to Liam who was also in the chain.

Sorry about that, the use of 'Fix' in the commit message might have 
misled Mark.
If you CC: me and also CC: alsa-devel you should get an answer without 
delay. I only noticed the issue this morning with kbuild reports.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree
  2019-11-18 16:47     ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
@ 2019-11-18 19:14       ` Mark Brown
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Mark Brown @ 2019-11-18 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre-Louis Bossart
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, Liam Girdwood, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 756 bytes --]

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 10:47:01AM -0600, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:
> On 11/18/19 9:58 AM, Mark Brown wrote:

> > I've reverted the commit, I was a bit disappointed that none of the
> > Intel people responded but I see you didn't CC Pierre who sent the
> > commit so he won't have seen your report - I missed that due to the CC
> > to Liam who was also in the chain.

> Sorry about that, the use of 'Fix' in the commit message might have misled
> Mark.
> If you CC: me and also CC: alsa-devel you should get an answer without
> delay. I only noticed the issue this morning with kbuild reports.

Yeah, sorry about that - like I say when I looked at the mail I saw the
CC to Liam and didn't twig that it was only to tree maintainers not to
commit authors.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

* Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree
  2019-11-18 15:58   ` Mark Brown
  2019-11-18 16:47     ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
@ 2019-11-19  3:15     ` Stephen Rothwell
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 6+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-11-19  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Liam Girdwood, Linux Next Mailing List,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Pierre-Louis Bossart

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 440 bytes --]

Hi Mark,

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:58:52 +0000 Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> I've reverted the commit, I was a bit disappointed that none of the
> Intel people responded but I see you didn't CC Pierre who sent the
> commit so he won't have seen your report - I missed that due to the CC
> to Liam who was also in the chain.

Sorry about that, I usually manage to CC everyone involved.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP digital signature --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 488 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 6+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-11-12 21:10 linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc-fixes tree Stephen Rothwell
2019-11-14 22:34 ` Stephen Rothwell
2019-11-18 15:58   ` Mark Brown
2019-11-18 16:47     ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
2019-11-18 19:14       ` Mark Brown
2019-11-19  3:15     ` Stephen Rothwell

Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/0 linux-next/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-next linux-next/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next \
		linux-next@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-next

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-next


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git