* linux-next: Fixes tags needs some work in the sound-asoc tree
@ 2020-04-15 23:41 Stephen Rothwell
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-04-15 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood
	Pierre-Louis Bossart, Daniel Baluta

Hi all,

In commit

  101001652ee7 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: fix: handle DAI widget connections properly with multiple CPU DAI's")

Fixes tag

  Fixes: 4a7e26a4d833 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: connect dai widget to all

has these problem(s):

  - Target SHA1 does not exist

Maybe you meant

Fixes: c59aca98c912 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: connect dai widget to all cpu-dais")

Also, please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line and keep
all the commit message tags together at the end of the commit message.

In commit

  cb0312f61c3e ("ASoC: SOF: imx: fix undefined reference issue")

Fixes tag

  Fixes: f9ad75468453 ("ASoC: SOF: imx: fix reverse CONFIG_SND_SOC_SOF_OF

has these problem(s):

  - Subject has leading but no trailing parentheses
  - Subject has leading but no trailing quotes

Please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line.

Mark, since you don't seem to rebase your branches, please start pushing
back on these before they are committed to your tree (especially the
non existent SHA1s).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: Fixes tags needs some work in the sound-asoc tree
@ 2020-04-16 12:55 ` Pierre-Louis Bossart
From: Pierre-Louis Bossart @ 2020-04-16 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Mark Brown, Liam Girdwood
	Daniel Baluta

On 4/15/20 6:41 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In commit
>
>    101001652ee7 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: fix: handle DAI widget connections properly with multiple CPU DAI's")
>
> Fixes tag
>
>    Fixes: 4a7e26a4d833 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: connect dai widget to all
>
> has these problem(s):
>
>    - Target SHA1 does not exist
>
> Maybe you meant
>
> Fixes: c59aca98c912 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: connect dai widget to all cpu-dais")
>
> Also, please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line and keep
> all the commit message tags together at the end of the commit message.

Sorry about that. I always run checkpatch.pl and didn't see an error

../patches/20200415/0001-ASoC-SOF-topology-fix-handle-DAI-widget-connections-.patch
total: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 checks, 49 lines checked

My theory is that the SHA1 check is fooled by our use of worktrees. This
SHA1 does exist but on another SOF development branch. Is there a way to
restrict the checks only to the base upstream branch, e.g. Mark's
for-5.8 branch?

If not, we probably need to make sure we have a separate directory just
for upstreaming, to avoid any pollution from SOF branches?

Thanks
-Pierre

* Re: linux-next: Fixes tags needs some work in the sound-asoc tree
@ 2020-04-16 13:09 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2020-04-16 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Bard Liao, Pierre-Louis Bossart,
	Daniel Baluta

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 09:41:11AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> has these problem(s):

>   - Subject has leading but no trailing parentheses
>   - Subject has leading but no trailing quotes

> Please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line.

> Mark, since you don't seem to rebase your branches, please start pushing
> back on these before they are committed to your tree (especially the
> non existent SHA1s).

Is there some scripting that does these checks (ideally someone would be
running a bot for this)?

TBH aside from the missing SHA1s (which are a definite issue, mainly
coming from Intel unfortunately) I'm struggling to see most of the
things you're reporting as substantial issues - I'm not sure that
tooling should be caring about much beyond the SHA1 in the tag, and if
it is then supporting wrapping like RFC822 headers doesn't seem
unreasonable.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: linux-next: Fixes tags needs some work in the sound-asoc tree
@ 2020-04-22  7:27 ` Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2020-04-22  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 4:16 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In commit
>
>   101001652ee7 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: fix: handle DAI widget connections properly with multiple CPU DAI's")
>
> Fixes tag
>
>   Fixes: 4a7e26a4d833 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: connect dai widget to all
>
> has these problem(s):
>
>   - Target SHA1 does not exist
>
> Maybe you meant
>
> Fixes: c59aca98c912 ("ASoC: SOF: topology: connect dai widget to all cpu-dais")
>
> Also, please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line and keep
> all the commit message tags together at the end of the commit message.
>
> In commit
>
>   cb0312f61c3e ("ASoC: SOF: imx: fix undefined reference issue")
>
> Fixes tag
>
>   Fixes: f9ad75468453 ("ASoC: SOF: imx: fix reverse CONFIG_SND_SOC_SOF_OF
>
> has these problem(s):
>
>   - Subject has leading but no trailing parentheses
>   - Subject has leading but no trailing quotes
>
> Please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line.

Sorry for that.

Mark, how should I fix this. Should I resend the entire series?

* Re: linux-next: Fixes tags needs some work in the sound-asoc tree
@ 2020-04-22  7:48   ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2020-04-22  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Baluta