* linux-next: manual merge of the mm tree with the kspp tree
@ 2022-08-30  7:00 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2022-08-30  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton, Kees Cook

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the mm tree got a conflict in:

  lib/Makefile

between commit:

  5e3ad11bfc5a ("testing/selftests: Add tests for the is_signed_type() macro")

from the kspp tree and commit:

  7a2791666971 ("testing/selftests: add tests for the is_signed_type() macro")

from the mm tree.

I fixed it up (I dropped the latter commit by using the former version
of this file and deleting lib/is_signed_type_test.c) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mm tree with the kspp tree
@ 2022-08-31 17:51 ` Kees Cook
From: Kees Cook @ 2022-08-31 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Linux Next Mailing List

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 05:00:51PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the mm tree got a conflict in:
>
>   lib/Makefile
>
> between commit:
>
>   5e3ad11bfc5a ("testing/selftests: Add tests for the is_signed_type() macro")
>
> from the kspp tree and commit:
>
>   7a2791666971 ("testing/selftests: add tests for the is_signed_type() macro")
>
> from the mm tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I dropped the latter commit by using the former version
> of this file and deleting lib/is_signed_type_test.c) and can carry the
> fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
> but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
> maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
> to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
> minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Thanks! Andrew, can you drop these patches from -mm please? I corrected
the filename convention in the above named patch.

--
Kees Cook

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mm tree with the kspp tree
@ 2022-08-31 22:05   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2022-08-31 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kees Cook
	Linux Next Mailing List

Hi Kees,

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:51:08 -0700 Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org> wrote:

> Thanks! Andrew, can you drop these patches from -mm please? I corrected
> the filename convention in the above named patch.

He did that yesterday, so all good.

--

@ 2022-08-31 22:24     ` Kees Cook
From: Kees Cook @ 2022-08-31 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Linux Next Mailing List

On Thu, Sep 01, 2022 at 08:05:04AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Kees,
>
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:51:08 -0700 Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks! Andrew, can you drop these patches from -mm please? I corrected
> > the filename convention in the above named patch.
>
> He did that yesterday, so all good.

Thanks! Yeah, I saw the drop right after I sent my email. :) Sorry for
the noise!

--
Kees Cook