* linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the ftrace tree
@ 2022-12-12 21:52 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2022-12-12 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt, Masami Hiramatsu

Hi all,

Commits

  fff1787adaee ("trace/kprobe: remove duplicated calls of ring_buffer_event_data")
  8c2b99790196 ("tracing: docs: Update histogram doc for .percent/.graph and 'nohitcount'")
  ccf47f5cc4ce ("tracing: Add nohitcount option for suppressing display of raw hitcount")
  a2c54256dec7 ("tracing: Add .graph suffix option to histogram value")
  abaa5258ce5e ("tracing: Add .percent suffix option to histogram values")
  5f2e094ed259 ("tracing: Allow multiple hitcount values in histograms")

are missing a Signed-off-by from their committers.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the ftrace tree
@ 2022-12-12 22:56 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2022-12-12 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 08:52:00 +1100
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Commits
>
>   fff1787adaee ("trace/kprobe: remove duplicated calls of ring_buffer_event_data")
>   8c2b99790196 ("tracing: docs: Update histogram doc for .percent/.graph and 'nohitcount'")
>   ccf47f5cc4ce ("tracing: Add nohitcount option for suppressing display of raw hitcount")
>   a2c54256dec7 ("tracing: Add .graph suffix option to histogram value")
>   abaa5258ce5e ("tracing: Add .percent suffix option to histogram values")
>   5f2e094ed259 ("tracing: Allow multiple hitcount values in histograms")
>
> are missing a Signed-off-by from their committers.

Bah, not sure how this happened. I thought I pulled these patches directly
from Masami. Does a rebase change the committer tags? As I probably rebased
them on top of my branch.

-- Steve

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the ftrace tree
@ 2022-12-13  0:42   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2022-12-13  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt

Hi Steven,

On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:56:42 -0500 Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> Bah, not sure how this happened. I thought I pulled these patches directly
> from Masami. Does a rebase change the committer tags? As I probably rebased
> them on top of my branch.

From "git help rebase"

       --signoff
           Add a Signed-off-by trailer to all the rebased commits. Note that
           if --interactive is given then only commits marked to be picked,
           edited or reworded will have the trailer added.

So this is not done by default.  Yet another reason to avoid rebasing
others work unless absolutely necessary.

--

@ 2022-12-13  1:11     ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2022-12-13  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 11:42:49 +1100
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:56:42 -0500 Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:
> >
> > Bah, not sure how this happened. I thought I pulled these patches directly
> > from Masami. Does a rebase change the committer tags? As I probably rebased
> > them on top of my branch.
>
> From "git help rebase"
>
>        --signoff
>            Add a Signed-off-by trailer to all the rebased commits. Note that
>            if --interactive is given then only commits marked to be picked,
>            edited or reworded will have the trailer added.
>
> So this is not done by default.  Yet another reason to avoid rebasing
> others work unless absolutely necessary.

Yeah, this is temporary, as Masami is still setting up his test
environment, he just asked me to pull his changes on top of mine so that I
can run them.

Now I know what not to do ;-)

-- Steve

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the ftrace tree
@ 2023-06-23  8:36   ` Masami Hiramatsu
From: Masami Hiramatsu @ 2023-06-23  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt
	Linux Next Mailing List

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 18:48:40 -0400
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 08:35:50 +1000
> Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Commits
> >
> >   e46ad59233cf ("selftests/ftrace: Add new test case which checks for optimized probes")
> >   bd2cdc432190 ("selftests/ftrace: Add new test case which adds multiple consecutive probes in a function")
> >
> > are missing a Signed-off-by from their committer.
> >

> Masami, can you rebase and fix those commits?

Oops, yes.
Thanks!

--
Masami Hiramatsu (Google) <mhiramat@kernel.org>

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the ftrace tree
@ 2023-06-22 22:48 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2023-06-22 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

@ 2023-06-22 22:35 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-06-22 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt, Masami Hiramatsu

@ 2023-02-13 12:33   ` Masami Hiramatsu
From: Masami Hiramatsu @ 2023-02-13 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt
	Linux Next Mailing List

On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:35:15 -0500
Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 08:17:43 +1100
> Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Commit
> >
> >   ce9c752ee1e7 ("tracing/probe: add a char type to show the character value of traced arguments")
> >
> > is missing a Signed-off-by from its committer.
> >

> Hi Masami,
>
> Can you fix this commit, and rebase the probes/for-next branch? Then,
> I'll push it back to the for-next branch.

Oops, sorry about that. Hmm, I think I missed to import it wrong way (without my script...)
since it also doesn't have the Link tag.
Let me fix that.

Thank you,

--

@ 2023-02-13  0:35 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2023-02-13  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

@ 2023-02-12 21:17 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-02-12 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt, Masami Hiramatsu

@ 2021-10-26 21:22 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2021-10-26 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 08:17:28 +1100
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Commit
>
>   7a335f11747c ("ftrace/sh: Add arch_ftrace_ops_list_func stub to have compressed image still link")
>
> is missing a Signed-off-by from its author.

No, it has the wrong author. Patches I write go through my patchwork, and
somehow it added the linux-sh mailing list as the author, when it was
actually suppose to be me. Something must have went oops in my scripts :-/

Thanks for catching it. I'll rebase to make it have me as the author.

-- Steve

* linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the ftrace tree
@ 2021-10-26 21:17 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-10-26 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Rostedt