* Upcoming merge conflict docs/powerpc
@ 2023-10-10 19:34 Jonathan Corbet
From: Jonathan Corbet @ 2023-10-10 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Costa Shulyupin, linux-next, Michael Ellerman

Hi, Stephen,

Just a note to say that the move of the powerpc docs under
Documentation/arch showing up in in docs-next shortly adds a conflict
with the powerpc tree, which adds a new file (kvm-nested.rst) to the old
directory.  The fix is just to add it in the new location.

Thanks,

jon

* Re: Upcoming merge conflict docs/powerpc
@ 2023-10-10 20:39 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-10-10 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Corbet; +Cc: Costa Shulyupin, linux-next, Michael Ellerman

Hi Jon,

On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 13:34:32 -0600 Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> wrote:

> Just a note to say that the move of the powerpc docs under
> Documentation/arch showing up in in docs-next shortly adds a conflict
> with the powerpc tree, which adds a new file (kvm-nested.rst) to the old
> directory.  The fix is just to add it in the new location.

Thanks, will do.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Upcoming merge conflict docs/powerpc
@ 2023-10-11  3:42   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-10-11  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Corbet; +Cc: Costa Shulyupin, linux-next, Michael Ellerman

Hi all,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 07:39:07 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2023 13:34:32 -0600 Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> wrote:
> >
> > Just a note to say that the move of the powerpc docs under
> > Documentation/arch showing up in in docs-next shortly adds a conflict
> > with the powerpc tree, which adds a new file (kvm-nested.rst) to the old
> > directory.  The fix is just to add it in the new location.
>
> Thanks, will do.

So git is quite clever.  It recognized a file created in a directory
that was moved and just moved it there.  All I had to do was "git add
-A ." and commit it.  (now to see if I can automate that :-))

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: Upcoming merge conflict docs/powerpc
@ 2023-11-02 23:59     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-11-02 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Ellerman; +Cc: Jonathan Corbet, Costa Shulyupin, linux-next