* What is the difference between linux-next and linux-kernel mailing lists?
@ 2022-09-16 14:25 Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
From: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming @ 2022-09-16 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-next; +Cc: ceo

Good day from Singapore,

What is the difference between linux-next and linux-kernel mailing lists?

What goes into linux-next mailing list and what goes into linux-kernel mailing list?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
16 Sep 2022 Friday
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com

* Re: What is the difference between linux-next and linux-kernel mailing lists?
@ 2022-09-22  2:43 ` Bagas Sanjaya
From: Bagas Sanjaya @ 2022-09-22  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, linux-next; +Cc: ceo

On 9/16/22 21:25, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:

> Good day from Singapore,
>
> What is the difference between linux-next and linux-kernel mailing lists?
>
> What goes into linux-next mailing list and what goes into linux-kernel mailing list?

Hi,

LKML is mailing list for Linux kernel development. There, general discussions
as well as patch submissions and reviews take place.

linux-next mailing list is for linux-next tree, where all subsystems tree
are merged (excluding stable kernel tree). It is a snapshot for what next
kernel release will look like.

If you'd like to contribute, see Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst.

And don't forget DON'T top post; reply inline instead.

Thanks.

--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara