* Multiple for-next branches from same tree
@ 2013-03-07  6:03 Vineet Gupta
From: Vineet Gupta @ 2013-03-07  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next

Hi Stephen,

With ARC arch merged in 3.9-rc1 I feel the need for a revised workflow.

I intend to have 2 branches for -next exposure: for-curr and for-next.
* for-curr would contain the bug fixes for this release to be sent to Linus at
some point in time.
* for-next obviously is next release stuff and will be rebased off for-curr.

The other strategy, personally less preferred, is to keep only for-next and tag it
at right cut off point when sending pull request to Linus. Do you see any
semantical differences in the two approaches.

One (hypothetical) scenario that comes to my mind is that if for-curr introduces a
conflict, which for-next fixes up somehow, that would still be caught in both the
cases.

Comments !

Thx,
-Vineet