* linux-next: duplicate patch in the pinctrl-intel-fixes tree
@ 2023-02-12 21:06 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2023-02-12 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko

Hi all,

The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
(but the same patch):

  a13bbd841bf8 ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")

This is commit

  a8520be3ffef ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")

in Linus' tree.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the pinctrl-intel-fixes tree
@ 2023-02-13  9:43 ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2023-02-13  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 10:06 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
> (but the same patch):
>
>   a13bbd841bf8 ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
>
> This is commit
>
>   a8520be3ffef ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
>
> in Linus' tree.

This is really weird because my only copy of that patch was on the fixes branch
and that is what I sent to Torvalds.

When I check my tag pinctrl-v6.2-3 it's like this:

commit a8520be3ffef3d25b53bf171a7ebe17ee0154175 (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3)
Author: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Date:   Mon Feb 6 16:15:59 2023 +0200

    pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode

So that is what went to Torvalds' tree. It's also the only thing I
ever published to
the for-next branch, as it turns out after some git reflog in my working tree:

a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{31}: reset: moving to fixes
a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{39}: reset: moving to fixes
a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{52}: reset: moving to fixes
a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{55}: am: pinctrl:
intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode

So what is this a13bbd841bf8 patch coming from?

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the pinctrl-intel-fixes tree
@ 2023-02-13 10:04   ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2023-02-13 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Walleij
	Linux Next Mailing List

Hi Linus,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 10:57 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 10:06 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> > The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
> > (but the same patch):
> >
> >   a13bbd841bf8 ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
> >
> > This is commit
> >
> >   a8520be3ffef ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
> >
> > in Linus' tree.
>
> This is really weird because my only copy of that patch was on the fixes branch
> and that is what I sent to Torvalds.
>
> When I check my tag pinctrl-v6.2-3 it's like this:
>
> commit a8520be3ffef3d25b53bf171a7ebe17ee0154175 (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3)
> Author: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
> Date:   Mon Feb 6 16:15:59 2023 +0200
>
>     pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode
>
> So that is what went to Torvalds' tree. It's also the only thing I
> ever published to
> the for-next branch, as it turns out after some git reflog in my working tree:
>
> a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{31}: reset: moving to fixes
> a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{39}: reset: moving to fixes
> a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{52}: reset: moving to fixes
> a8520be3ffef (HEAD, tag: pinctrl-v6.2-3) HEAD@{55}: am: pinctrl:
> intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode
>
> So what is this a13bbd841bf8 patch coming from?

"git show --pretty=fuller" says:

    Commit:     Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
    CommitDate: Mon Feb 6 17:03:06 2023 +0200

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

* Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the pinctrl-intel-fixes tree
@ 2023-02-13 11:07 ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2023-02-13 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 08:06:20AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
> (but the same patch):
>
>   a13bbd841bf8 ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
>
> This is commit
>
>   a8520be3ffef ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
>
> in Linus' tree.

I believe this due to it's in my tree and not tagged. That's why it appeared in
the upper trees with different SHA. I'll drop mine.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the pinctrl-intel-fixes tree
@ 2023-02-13 13:43   ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2023-02-13 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 12:07 PM Andy Shevchenko
<andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 08:06:20AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
> > (but the same patch):
> >
> >   a13bbd841bf8 ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
> >
> > This is commit
> >
> >   a8520be3ffef ("pinctrl: intel: Restore the pins that used to be in Direct IRQ mode")
> >
> > in Linus' tree.
>
> I believe this due to it's in my tree and not tagged. That's why it appeared in
> the upper trees with different SHA. I'll drop mine.

Ah, also the $subject says "intel pinctrl fixes" tree, not the
"pinctrl fixes" :P

My attention to detail is lacking today, like all days...

Yours,
Linus Walleij