* linux-next: failed to fetch the cifs tree
@ 2012-05-13 23:54 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2012-05-13 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve French, linux-cifs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA
  Cc: linux-next-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, linux-kernel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi all,

Trying to fetch the cifs tree gets this error:

fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/for-next

and checking via "git ls-remote" shows that the remote tree has only a
"master" branch that is set to v3.4-rc7.   Something got lost along the
way ...

I will use the cifs tree from next-20120511 for today.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr-3FnU+UHB4dNDw9hX6IcOSA@public.gmane.org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: linux-next: failed to fetch the cifs tree
@ 2012-05-14  2:52 ` Steve French
From: Steve French @ 2012-05-14  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-cifs, linux-next, linux-kernel

Should be ok now.

I had to rebuild the for-next branch of cifs-2.6.git due to a problem
caused by a previous "git push --force" (I had already fixed the
master branch of cifs-2.6.git but had not fixed up the for-next
branch).  It is now recreated and some patches from Jeff and Pavel
remerged.

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Trying to fetch the cifs tree gets this error:
>
> fatal: Couldn't find remote ref refs/heads/for-next
>
> and checking via "git ls-remote" shows that the remote tree has only a
> "master" branch that is set to v3.4-rc7.   Something got lost along the
> way ...
>
> I will use the cifs tree from next-20120511 for today.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

Steve