Linux-Next Archive on lore.kernel.org
* linux-next: manual merge of the mailbox tree with the devicetree tree
@ 2019-11-28  0:41 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-11-28  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jassi Brar, Rob Herring
	Arnaud Pouliquen, Fabien Dessenne

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the mailbox tree got a conflict in:

  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mailbox/stm32-ipcc.txt

between commit:

  4360bf724483 ("dt-bindings: mailbox: convert stm32-ipcc to json-schema")

from the devicetree tree and commit:

  9b2cfd3fb09e ("dt-bindings: mailbox: stm32-ipcc: Updates for wakeup management")

from the mailbox tree.

I fixed it up (I just deleted the file - presumably there will need to be
followup fixes to the json file) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mailbox tree with the devicetree tree
@ 2019-11-28  9:25 ` Arnaud POULIQUEN
From: Arnaud POULIQUEN @ 2019-11-28  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Jassi Brar, Rob Herring

Hi Stephen,

On 11/28/19 1:41 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the mailbox tree got a conflict in:
>
>   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mailbox/stm32-ipcc.txt
>
> between commit:
>
>   4360bf724483 ("dt-bindings: mailbox: convert stm32-ipcc to json-schema")
>
> from the devicetree tree and commit:
>
>   9b2cfd3fb09e ("dt-bindings: mailbox: stm32-ipcc: Updates for wakeup management")
>
> from the mailbox tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just deleted the file - presumably there will need to be
> followup fixes to the json file) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

No extra patch needed, the wake up property is already integrated in the json file

Thanks for your solving the merge issue!

Regards
Arnaud